Member Meeting Minutes for September 19, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Matt B.
- Called to order at:
- Thu Sep 6th - Lockpick Club
- Gary brought in wooden lock
- Built wooden "practice door"
- Fri Sep 7th - 3D Scanning with Kinect
- Generated good interest for MMF
- Need more/faster 3d printers
- Fri Sept 14th - Spark Truck at Schenley Plaza
- Fri Sep 14th - 3pm visit to Google
- AwesomePGH - $1000 grants for cool projects
- Fri Sep 14th - Intro to EL Wire
- Sat Sep 15th - Pittsburgh Aero Radio Control Society fun fly
- Sat Sep 15th - Mini maker faire preview
- Sun Sep 16th - First ever HackPittsburgh garage sale
- Overall success, moved some stuff, made some money
- Tues Sep 19th - Loop Pittsburgh
- Fri Sep 21st - FiniSH IT MMF Edition
- Fri Sep 28th - Artemis!
- Fri Oct 5th - Maker fair season wrap-up
- Sat Oct 6th - Intro to El wire (Class)
- Fri Oct 12th - 3D printing
- Fri Oct 19th - Garment Making from Pattern to Finish
- Fri Oct 26th - Make your own vaccuform mask
- Tue Oct 9th - Open source hardware
- Sat Nov 17th - Intermediate processing
- Potential Friday Night talks/events:
- Hard drive rescue
- Social entrepreneurship (Scott^2, ~September)
- Maker Faire Pittsburgh September 22 - .5 weeks away!
- Free to HackPittsburgh Members! (But really, why aren't you presenting/volunteering?!?!)
- Parking will be provided-no pass necessary
- pre-load Friday 5-7
- Sep 27th&28th - Open source hardware @ NYC Resistor
- World Maker Faire NYC - Sept 29-30
- Solar powered mesh network (follow up to Sayan's talk)
- Motor Controller class - Anthony
- Soft Circuits II - Liz/Doug Oct/Nov
- tentatively early Oct
- Public welding class
- T-Shirts are restocked
- Power Wheels for NYC.
- Window Lights project - lights acquired, to be placed in window "soon"?
- Balloon launch for October, TBD after MMF.
- Passport Stamp
- Lives in desk by door, central door
- Take to NYC?
- Do we want to preschedule shop cleanup days every 3-4 months?
- November 10th
- Electronics Workstation - next steps?
- RFID project, next steps:
- Doug needs to scan cards
- Council needs to write up liability waiver for cards/keys.
- Potentially have "bone-yard build day"
- 3D Printer
- Parts are in
- Friday will be build day, trying to finish for Sat
- Bicycle rack
- hold until after MMF
- New aerial ping pong drop
- No active plan, can be picked up if anyone interested
- VIA Festival request
- Oct. 6th 3-9pm at Shadow Lounge in Ease Liberty
- looking for people to do interactive demos
- UAV group starts Monday Oct 8th
Motion to adjourn: Scott JP seconds