Member Meeting Minutes for September 4, 2019

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for September 4th, 2019

Call to order

  • Simon "El Presidente" Heath called the meeting to order at 7:45PM

Attendees

  • Simon Heath, President
  • Sean Guzek, Vice-President
  • Becky Zajdel, Secretary
  • Bethany Klick, Treasurer
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Gil Tygart
  • Marissa Botelho
  • Robert Bedel
  • Alex "I'm not a Board Member anymore" Reasinger
  • Phil Garrow
  • Joe Newcomer (via Google Hangouts)
  • Stephen Zelenko (via Google Hangouts
  • Kris Kunihiro (via Google Hangouts)

New Members/Visitors

  • No new members or visitors today!

Quote of the Day

  • "Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Dark Helmet, Spaceballs.

Old business

  • CNC vote
    • With a vote of 23 in favor, 3 against, and 1 abstention, the vote PASSES to purchase the new CNC machine!
    • We will move forward with the purchase from Forest Scientific.
    • Regarding the old CNC machine, Bob Berger will be getting his donated parts back from the CNC machine.
  • Heat Safety Project
    • Why did no one tell Becky that there was a glaring error in the handouts?!
    • Marlene Williams ordered filters, and she and Becky are setting up a date to do handouts.
  • Grants
    • McAuley Ministries application COMPLETELY submitted. Awaiting response!
  • Potential $250 donation to Voices Against Violence to cover application fees for disadvantaged kids!
    • Reminder that actions like this, no matter how seemingly small, looks GREAT when we go to apply for larger grants.
    • Becky will post in Slack about it.

New business

  • Do we want a Makerbot Replicator from Near Earth Autonomy?
  • Joe wants teach a powder coating course
    • Phil and Joe will come up with a bill of materials regarding supplies and a safety cupboard.
  • Wheels for the pallet jack
    • $70 to to repair, passed. We are on it.
  • Can we get rid of the take and leave table?
    • Phil is in favor of it. He wants to curate the table including small (not parking) tickets.
    • Others are not. They suggest that we NEED to have scheduled purges.
    • New rules. Phil is curating. We use dated tickets. We add it as a line item on the shop clean.
  • Ceramics nook update from Alex. Cost per fire, built into class costs.
    • Supplies (running between $1,200 to $2,000) would increase class income as well as potential new memberships.
    • We will discuss it in the Ceramics Slack channel
  • Gil Tygart has brought up the fact that we don't have a woodworking bench, vice, and a few other components.
    • We may be able to use the old CNC table and add a vice. We will look into this. The height is a big factor, however.
    • Gil and Marissa will look into it and report back!
  • Can we get a Serger?
    • This is something that can lead to cosplay classes and increased revenue.
    • Phil mentioned that the $250 serger is a residential one and a commercial serger ($1k NEW retail) would be a better fit for us. We can look into trying to find a good, used, commercial serger.
    • Phil will speak to Tara and Jeremy about a serger.

Treasurer's Report

  • We currently have $25,958.12‬ in assets after September expenses.

Shop updates

  • Shop clean, great success

Voting items

  • No voting items today!

Project updates

  • None today!

Events

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Move to adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 8:48 PM.

Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel