Member Meeting Minutes for September 4, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for September 4th, 2019
Call to order
- Simon "El Presidente" Heath called the meeting to order at 7:45PM
- Simon Heath, President
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Gil Tygart
- Marissa Botelho
- Robert Bedel
- Alex "I'm not a Board Member anymore" Reasinger
- Phil Garrow
- Joe Newcomer (via Google Hangouts)
- Stephen Zelenko (via Google Hangouts
- Kris Kunihiro (via Google Hangouts)
- No new members or visitors today!
Quote of the Day
- "Evil will always triumph because good is dumb." Dark Helmet, Spaceballs.
- CNC vote
- With a vote of 23 in favor, 3 against, and 1 abstention, the vote PASSES to purchase the new CNC machine!
- We will move forward with the purchase from Forest Scientific.
- Regarding the old CNC machine, Bob Berger will be getting his donated parts back from the CNC machine.
- Heat Safety Project
- Why did no one tell Becky that there was a glaring error in the handouts?!
- Marlene Williams ordered filters, and she and Becky are setting up a date to do handouts.
- McAuley Ministries application COMPLETELY submitted. Awaiting response!
- Potential $250 donation to Voices Against Violence to cover application fees for disadvantaged kids!
- Reminder that actions like this, no matter how seemingly small, looks GREAT when we go to apply for larger grants.
- Becky will post in Slack about it.
- Do we want a Makerbot Replicator from Near Earth Autonomy?
- Joe wants teach a powder coating course
- Phil and Joe will come up with a bill of materials regarding supplies and a safety cupboard.
- Wheels for the pallet jack
- $70 to to repair, passed. We are on it.
- Can we get rid of the take and leave table?
- Phil is in favor of it. He wants to curate the table including small (not parking) tickets.
- Others are not. They suggest that we NEED to have scheduled purges.
- New rules. Phil is curating. We use dated tickets. We add it as a line item on the shop clean.
- Ceramics nook update from Alex. Cost per fire, built into class costs.
- Supplies (running between $1,200 to $2,000) would increase class income as well as potential new memberships.
- We will discuss it in the Ceramics Slack channel
- Gil Tygart has brought up the fact that we don't have a woodworking bench, vice, and a few other components.
- We may be able to use the old CNC table and add a vice. We will look into this. The height is a big factor, however.
- Gil and Marissa will look into it and report back!
- Can we get a Serger?
- This is something that can lead to cosplay classes and increased revenue.
- Phil mentioned that the $250 serger is a residential one and a commercial serger ($1k NEW retail) would be a better fit for us. We can look into trying to find a good, used, commercial serger.
- Phil will speak to Tara and Jeremy about a serger.
- We currently have $25,958.12 in assets after September expenses.
- Shop clean, great success
- No voting items today!
- None today!
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:48 PM.
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel