Member Meeting Minutes for September 17, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for September 17th, 2019
Call to order
- Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel called the meeting to order at 7:45 PM.
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Alex "I'm not a Board Member anymore" Reasinger
- Chad "I'm not the President anymore" Elish
- Jacques Parker
- Zuri Woods
- Tom Fetherston
- Phil Garrow
- Kris Kunihiro
- Joe Newcomer via Google Hangouts
- Robert Bedel via Google Hangouts
- Beebo Esch via Google Hangouts
- CW Kreimer via Google Hangouts
- Stephen Zalenko via Google Hangouts
- No new members or visitors today!
Quote of the Day
- "I set out to be good, but there were too many other options. Now I just aim to misbehave." Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Firefly."
- CNC vote passed
- We have asked Forest Scientific for an invoice, we are still waiting. Becky and Alex will follow up.
- Ceramics nook updates?
- Tabled until after we purchase the CNC machine
- Serger update (Phil?)
- He called one company in Pittsburgh. They have one model that is a built-in to a table for $1,200.
- That company has another model that's a tabletop for $400.
- Tara recommends the lower-priced model. She can train folks on this machine.
- Woodworking bench and vice updates? (Gil and/or Marissa?)
- Let's wait until we get the CNC machine to bring in woodworking benches and vices.
- Phil has a vice and he would like to potentially donate it.
- Dust collector questions: How much was the grant, and how much of it has been spent?
- The grant total was $3,737.37.
- There's about $1,300 left.
- Alex wants to buy parts in order to put it together at the next shop clean.
- Jacques would like to bring in Boy Scouts and show them around the Makerspace.
- Saturday, November 2nd is the proposed date.
- Limit of thirty people.
- Jacques is asking for members/board members to run stations.
- Let's charge $10/head.
- We will set up a Slack channel for the Boy Scout channel and get volunteers for "stations."
- Joe Newcomer is back and is available for teaching again.
- Joe would like to donate classes, and Becky will talk to him about setting up classes.
- We currently have $23,578.53 in assets after September expenses and welding class tools.
- We have been having issues with the Orange Pi.
- There is no slicer on board yet.
- Joe and Phil will talk about powder coating and get back to the Board.
- No voting items today!
- None today!
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM.
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel