Member Meeting Minutes for October 2, 2019

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

HackPGH member’s meeting minutes for October 2, 2019

Call to order

  • 7:40 pm

Attendees

* Simon Heath, President
* Sean Guzik, El Vice Presidente Ordinario
* Bethany Klick, Treasurer
* Andy Petkac
* Gil
* Kris Kunihiro
* Alex "Still Not A Board Member" Resinger
* Tom Featherston
* David Butterworth
* Beebo Esch
* Geno
* Jon Newcomer
* Jamie Woods Whose Name I Might Have Misspelled

Quote of the Day

  • "Nope, I'm half-assing it today." -- Simon


New Members/Visitors

  • Andrew Campbell! Woohoo!

Old business

  • CNC status -- Delivered October 15th, Alex will let people know if we need help. Maybe Oct 13th to just prep for its setup?
  • Dust collector -- Ready to put the damn thing together, Adam's server gear needs to move up a shelf
  • Becky's heat safety project went great!
  • Shop clean! Went great.

New business

  • Can we alternate days for shop cleans so they're not always on Sunday? Intriguing idea. No immediate objections.
  • Fate of old CNC parts -- Phil is buying 'em all
  • What to do with CNC tables? -- Make a sign for Hack? Use it as a workbench for the CNC? Too big and not solid enough to be wood workbench.
  • What to do with the skinny Techshop tables? -- Those ARE about the right size to be retrofitted into a woodworking bench, or a wood lathe table.
  • Can we get rid of spare printers? -- Color printer tends to jam apparently, let's make sure how well they work first. Simon contacted both Prototype and Assemble and neither of them need a printer. Otherwise Joe knows people who will want them, wants to be kept in the loop and have first dibs since he donated them. Can we get a postscript driver or package for the current one? Both the not hooked up ones support Postscript and it would be nice to keep that capability, maybe we want to keep one of the two.
  • Can we get rid of the death machine radial arm saw? Will be either Craiglist'ed or scrapped by Oct 13th
  • We need tool heads and area leads. Think about it!
  • Sturdier legs for the saw stop? We need 3-4 people to move the top of it.
  • We need a HALLOWEEN PARTY! Expect it! Saturday November 2nd? That means that

Treasurer's Report

No big changes

Shop updates

  • Sawstop got set off again... Do we need to get it calibrated? Maybe. Let's check that out.
  • Door issues. Status? Still borked.
  • Speakers. One works... better.

Voting items

  • No voting items today!

Events

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Move to adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 8:24 PM.

Meeting notes taken by Simon "Icefox" Heath