Member Meeting Minutes for October 16, 2013
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
Ben - studdied astro-physics
- Friday Oct 4: Game night @ HackPittsburgh - bring games or just bring yourself and hang out for a night of fun
- Thursday Oct 10: Costuming - Shane to host. Mask painting with air compressor
- Friday Oct 11: Shop Show-and-Tell - All members, please show you recent projects!
- Saturday Oct 12: Shop clean - All to participate! That means you! Starts at 1pm. Pizza at 5pm! Wash floors, moves couches, etc
- need to keep the shop clean, we all have to share the space!
- Thursday Oct 17: (Canceled) Reverse engineer laser range finder - Eli to host
- Thursday Oct 24: batteries and conductive liquids - Luc to host
- Thursday Oct 31: Halloween - no event
- Friday Nov 1: Powerwheels series summit
- Saturday Nov 2: Ham test prep 10a-4p - Gene/Jeff
- November 3: Hamfest @ Washington County Faire Grounds
- Thursday Nov 7: Lock Pick Meeting - Dan
- Thursday Nov 14: Hard drive rescue talk - Chad to host
- Saturday Nov 16: Intro to Processing class - Gary/Doug to host - Tentatively
- Thursday Nov 21: Robot Operating System - Gabe
- Thursday Nov 28: Thanksgiving - no event
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- Flat panel speakers
- Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly)
- Reverse engineering
- Stepper motor hack challenge
- Residential solar
- Finite State Machines
- Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
- Food event
- Rube Goldberg Machine
- Build your own h-bridge
- Object oriented software development
- Transistor Motor Controllers
- Welding class for members
- We now have a working welder. Gabe will find a time to schedule. Possibly a Saturday evening. Can handle 7-8 students. A few bucks for class materials and pizza.
- Ham radio test (late March/April)
- Geno will find out when Pitt Radio is having test, we will schedule cram for right before
- Intro to processing (scheduled)
- Arduino Track:
- Learn to Solder (done)
- Intro Programming/Diode Shield
- Sensors, sensors, sensors!
- Intro to Motor Control
- Advanced Motor Control
- Adam wants to teach a Wifi class
- A track of something like 4 classes to demystify Wifi
- Possibly a Wireshark class/talk
- Windmill class
- Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
- Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
- Need to add switch to toggle between board and lights
- 3D Printer
- Needs bed aligned then it's ready to go. Chad working with Eli for this process.
- Currently qualified MMax users:
- Workstation Added for 3-D Printer
- Soon we will be doing training on the 3-D Printer.
- Pay System
- We will be using a Gram Scale for now.
- Will work on pricing. (We need buy more filament)
- Should design fuser to joining filaments
- Server Rack / Network
- Adam added a thermostat to fan… Waiting to see next power bill.
- Security cameras - Chad is in contact with Mike Wally in attempt to resolve the issues.
- Mugs - Gabe is the point of contact
- $15 each, $20 for mug personalized with text at bottom
- CNC Router
- Need to make an enclosure for the router
- Need a computer with a parallel port, Pentium 3 or earlier
- Setup e-stop for tools
- Gabe has parts, Chad will pick a day to set this up.
- Gabe and Chad to work on RFID control for tool area
- Misc Unused Tools In Shop
- Gabe selling mini-band saw, Punch tool and other misc.
- Other Options
- Garage sale in (November)?
- Choose a date. Need to get advanced word out.
- Donate it to other places.
- Garage sale in (November)?
- Metal punch (Junior)
- DVD duplicator (On Craigslist)
- Install outlets on main work table.
- Jeff needs BX clamps
- Geno is making signal generator for shop. Successfully generated a sinusoidal signal.
- New Hackerspace release forms!
- Everyone needs to sign this.
- At the beginning of next month, Whoever didn't sign this, your cards will be turned off.
- Will implement some "random stuff" dispositioning systems (Eli)
- New Internet Coming soon!
- Need to reschedule - Digital Filtering Class - Geno to host
- First Night Dahntahn
- Cars in parade
- HackPGH booth!
- Greg is proposing "software roundtable" group to discuss software topics
- Will probably make a monthly / bi-monthly
- Chad will take over UAV
Move to Adjourn:
Chad, Eli seconds