Member Meeting Minutes for October 15, 2019
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for October 15, 2019
Call to order
Captain Simon called the meeting to order at 7:40PM.
- Simon Heath, President
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Robert Bedel
- Steve Owens
- OMG JESSE IS HERE
- Andrew Campbell
- Zuri Woods
- Geno Soroka
- Kris Kunihiro
- Quara'e Canady
- Tom Fetherston
- Alex Reasinger via Google Hangouts
- Stephen Zalenko via Google Hangouts
- Phil Garrow via Google Hangouts
Quote of the Day
- "Humans are squishy." -- Jeremy Sweeney, on machine tool safety
Reminder everyone of how to get things done on an official level around here: To bring an issue to a vote, all you have to do is say "I want to bring it to a vote" and then we can make it a vote. Since we're so big now, getting the wording right and setting a timeline for a vote to do it online is kind of tedious, but not actually difficult. An official complaint just has to be delivered to a board member in writing or put in the safe, it may be anonymous.
Definition of harassment, from the Quebec Department of Labor: "Psychological harassment is vexatious behavior that manifests itself in the form of conduct, verbal comments, actions or gestures characterized by the following four criteria:
- They are repetitive
- They are hostile or unwanted
- They affect the person's dignity or psychological integrity, and
- They result in a harmful work environment."
- CNC status -- It has been DELIVERED! WOOT! Thank you everyone who helped prep the space for it!
- Dust collector -- Adam's server gear needs to move up a shelf, otherwise we are ready-ish to put it together
- Tables are still kinda in limbo. Old table -- CNC it into a sign for Hack?
- Spare printers -- ??? Remember we want to keep one for Postscript capability. Joe should be able to take the other
- Death machine -- Kris bought it off us
- Tool heads and area leads
- We have a list of section areas:
- Electronics Bench - Geno
- IT - Rob
- Take & Leave - Phil
- Laser cutter - Quara'e
- CNC - Alex
- Soft Arts - Tara
- OPEN AREAS
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
- Halloween party! Nov 2nd! Becky may or may not be sick, is there anyone else who wants to take point on it a bit? (Chaaaaaad?)
- We need to update conflict resolution policy in constitution vs. rules and regulations, 2 strikes vs. 3.
- We can either change it or leave it be: email the board
- Next member's meeting, we will put it to a vote
- Do we want to think about doing another WinterHack?
- New CNC, huzzah!
- Training from the manufacturer is THIS SATURDAY, Oct 19th 2019 at noon. It's expected to take about 4 hours, class size is 6-8. The intention is for these people to take the lead on training others. Alex, Sean, and Simon already are going to be there, Chad and Jeremy have said they want to be there too. Who else?
- We need a NAME for it! Candidates: Rusty Venture, Little Green, Chartreuse Arborist, RoutyMcRoutFace
- Academy Infosession on October 24th at 6PM.
- Bethany will be setting up another clothing swap
- We got a Serger! Tara is happy to teach folks how to use it, as long as they wait until after November 4th
- The big CNC has wiped out our funds
- How can we fundraise? T-shirt store? Hold events? Beg on street corners? Other things?
- Our power bills are anomalously high. Investigate.
- Door issues?
- Speakers are as fixed as Simon is going to make them. They sound great!
- Rob has brought in an SSD and a new video card
- No voting items today?
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:37PM
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel