Member Meeting Minutes for November 6, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for November 6th, 2019
Call to order
Vice-Presidente Sean Guzek called the meeting to order at 7:40PM.
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Robert Bedel
- Kwame Wright
- Andrew Campbell
- Zuri Woods
- Tom Fetherston
- Alex Reasinger
- Stephen Zalenko via Google Hangouts
- Adam Longwill via Google Hangouts
- Geno Soroka via Google Hangouts
- Taylor Huston via Google Hangouts
Quote of the Day
- "That's giving me lovely delightful support." -- Becky Zajdel, on the wonky chairs.
- Alex is good to run trainings on the CNC machine.
- Please let the board know if you would like to help with WinterHack 2020.
- We will be hosting a clothing/warm outerwear drive sometime in the near future with the help of Uptown Partners
- We have a new serger and now that Halloween season is over, Tara is available to train you on it!
- We got the $5,000 McAuley Ministries grant!
- We need to start scheduling classes for "resume building" skills.
- Becky will schedule a brainstorming session in early December for this grant and its execution.
- Coming up next weekend, Akron is opening their new makerspace!
- We have several lead areas! Please contact the board if you'd like to volunteer. Current area leads and volunteers:
- Electronics Bench - Geno
- Wood shop - Taylor Hudson, Marissa, and Andy
- Metal Shop - Vacant
- IT - Rob and Chris
- 3D Printers - Vacant
- Take & Leave - Phil
- Laser Cutter - Quara'e
- CNC - Alex and Andrew
- Education/Wiki - Steve Owens and Andrew Tracy
- Outreach - Becky
- General Facilities - Vacant
- We need help with tours! PM the board if you'd like to help over the next two months.
- Andrew took a look at our large pantograph mill. It's covered in dust, but otherwise in decent shape. It has no belts, but once we get them it will be completely usable!
- Forest Scientific has allowed us to make three monthly payments instead of lump sum of $10,000.
- We have enough for rent and essentials, and little else!
- Becky will be launching a "cup of coffee" fundraiser. Asking that everyone give $5, no more, no less.
- BOTH doors and their RFID systems are working! Huzzah!
- No voting items today?
Recognition for Awesomeness
- Becky and Andrew - AMAZING turnout for the Halloween party!
- Rob, Tom, Chris, and Adam for fixing the Internets.
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:20PM
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel