Member Meeting Minutes for Nov 19, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Jonathan - old member, returns. Interested in linux and software. Welcome back!
- GENERATION AND SENSING OF MAGNETIC FIELDS Nov 7th
- We made a coil gun and shot it... it was pretty cool!
- We had three ships, it was a blast!
- Also played with jump drive. That was fun too!
- Adam would like to host another wifi
- Learn to solder class was a great success!
- Group effort! Thanks for all the support!
- Movie Night Nov 21 - postponed due to light up night, will be rescheduled for Dec 5th
- Intro to Arduino Software - planned for January 24th
- Gene, Doug, Val for support
- Processing Class
- February timeframe
- Not the 14th
- Theremin Class - 17th of January
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- We need to get this going for December.
- Dec 5 - Movie Night!
- Dec 12 Analog Games Night
- Dec 19th Artemis (just because)
- Dec 26 Closed: Day after christmas?
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track
- Intro, it's on the schedule
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Power wheels
- Waiting for the next two weeks for the next event
- CNC Router
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- Rotary Tool Training!
- E-Stop Finicky
- 3-D Printer
- Needs calibration
- Is proposing replacing heated bed for faster heating
- Will put together parts list and send out to mailing list
- New RFID Door
- Mounted needs, TO BE setup
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Have the bill reader and Pi.
- Need to get box.
- Needs TO BE programmed.
- Safety Officer
- Sean Offered to take some responsibility.
- Christina is new quartermaster
- TARDIS fridge project is still on going... The materials are purchased. Needs TO BE done!
- There is a motion to call the laser maintenance guy TO BE referred to as the "laser guy"
- Responsibilities include maintenance and safety with regard to the laser
- Don't put the fan too close to the gas heater
- The fan in the gas heater is broke and needs TO BE fixed.
- The linux user group is looking for a location to hold a meeting
- Jonathan will followup
- Instructables is hosting on competition for a project
- There are prizes available. Must enter by Jan 19th!
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Painted Lines on Floor.
Move to Adjourn
- Motion to adjourn by Gene
- Seconded by Christina
- Meeting adjourned at 8:34pm
Sarcastically and/or respectfully submitted by Anthony Cascone