Member Meeting Minutes for May 20, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- John, Gene, Steve, Wesley, Chad, Gabe, Jim, John, Annie, Jochin, Ej, Alex
- Called to order at:
1954 20 May 2015
Potential New Members John and Jochin
- May 9th - Intro to Processing
- We didn't advertise. Cancelled. Postponed.
- May 11th – UAV/Quad: No one showed up.
- May 13th - Tesla Club:
- May 15th – Artemis: No one showed up.
- May 16th - Music & Technology Club:
- May 18th - Software Club:
- May 21st - Modal Railroading Club
- May 22nd - Finish-It Friday
- May 23rd - WPLUG Meeting
- May 27th - Tesla Club
- May 29th - Hackers and Founders
- May 30/31st - Shop Hack-A-Thon
- June 1st - Software Club
Potential Evening talks/events
- Talk about kickstarter
- Need to talk to him (Someone at Kickstarter)
- Jonathan wants to do talk on databases
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Diyode.
- Kits are in. Will need an assembly date for the kits.
- Scheduled for June 13
- Need to put up advertising for it
- Need to put up on Eventbrite
- Next up... Diyode.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Power wheels
- Back in hibernation. Can be worked on by any member.
- CNC Router
- End stops on order. (Bob) Parts may already be here.
- Talk to Bob, Chad, Alex to learn to use it
- Laser Cutter
- New 55mm lens for finer etching. it's here! Not installed.
- Talk to Chad, Bob, Alex for class
- Need to buy a chiller... $650 for a good one. The one from Gabe does not keep the water cold enough.
- Motion made to purchase a chiller up to $800. Motion seconded and carried.
- 3-D Printer
- If you want a private class see Eli, Alex, or Chad.
- Need to buy filament. 1.75 mm filament.
- Alex recommends See Me CNC, Ultramachine for filament
- Foundry project by Alex and Wesley
- Figured out bare minimum of what is needed during mechanical club.
- Need bill of materials to buy
- Alex will send that to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Approximately $275 for bare minimum
- Make google hangouts easier via the server
- Board willing to buy hard drive, but needs information. Email to info@hackpittsburgh
- Sign Ideas
- Chad took the photo.
- Gene will be sending that out so people can post their ideas.
- Doug and Val started talking about an Arduino for Artists Class
- They are working out the details.
- HackPGH Shop Hack-A-Thon!
- Lets fix the shop up. Make it better!
- What issues do we have with the shop?
- Make something fun and random to be in the shop. (walls etc...)
- Possibly open to public, but sign a waiver, can't use big power tools
- May 30th, 12p - 31st 12p.
- Hackers and Founders
- Big national event hosted at HackPgh
- May 29th
- Need to do shop clean up before this
- 501c4 Tax Exemptions
- Move members meetings from Wed to another day?
- 1 meeting on Wed and another for people who cant make it Wed?
- Geno will put it up to vote on SurveyMonkey and send it to list
- Steve wants to host brewing party at HackPgh
- Should happen when its cold. In winter.
- Open Source Brewing
- Cool projects to brew your own beer
- Combine arduino, raspberry pi and etc with beer!
- Fill the kegarator
- Need to get group together
- Beer bags?!
- Pittsburgh and Detroit Maker Faire
- Think of projects to display at either or both.
- Detroit Faire is July 24-26
- Powerwheels pushed by Locomotive.
- We will send call for makers for Pittsburgh Faire in June 15th.
- HackPGH will have a booth with shop projects.
- No powerwheels in Pittsburgh. Cost is $10000 to have a Powerwheels race.
- Wigle Whiskey Tar and Feather
- June 12th from 6-9 PM
- More Whiskey... Hooray!
- Build on white board. Gabe explained the concept.
- Who wants to join the team?
- Wplug meeting on July 11 3 – 5 PM
- Paint Floor (Steve)
- Discussion about what to use and cost.
Move to Adjourn
- Adjourned at: 2040