Member Meeting Minutes for Mar 18, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at: 7:40pm
- March 6th - Movie Night!
- Only 3 people came. We should advertise the movie we will watch beforehand.
- Artemis March 13th
- About 5 people came. Very fun, some minor tech issues, otherwise awesome. We killed many ships.
- March 14th - LUG
- 15 people came, had fun.
- March 28th - Arduino Day
- Applications were due March 15th. We are too late. We need to contact them and see if we can still get in on it.
- We need to create online agenda
- Geno will head the committee to do that and contact them
- We should do something anyway
- April 9th - Steel City Infosec Meetup - Penetration Testing Drop Boxes
- Jonathan is in charge of that
- Can't use shop tools other than soldering iron for safety reasons
- Need to bring their own tools
- April 11th - LUG
Potential Evening talks/events
- Arduino Day
- It's on March 28th.
- Assemble Collaboration
- They can't do anything. They will send people our way if we are going to do something.
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- Would be awesome if inventors of BoXZY came here and did a talk on it
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Diyode.
- Jonathan wants to do talk on databases
- April 22nd, Earth day
- Chad wants to launch balloons with sensors to detect smog
- Red/Green lights that indicate presence of smog
- Lets meet April 19th and discuss it, setup the balloons, meet at 1pm-4pm
- April 11th DirtyBall
- Huge party at warehouse, creative artsy people, a little risque, crazy and fun
- If HackPgh would do a cool project for them, we would get in for free, its expensive otherwise
- Good advertising opportunity for us
- We need to brainstorm ideas
- Lets meet during Finish it Friday on March 27, 7pm
Shop Projects / Updates
- Power wheels
- I choo choo choose you!
- Barrel run May 1st!
- Build contraption to take a Wiggle Whiskey barrel 2 miles from their HQ
- We will build a power wheels sized train to push/pull the barrel
- CNC Router
- Decided to purchase Shepoko.
- EJ brought in a controller board
- EJ will be working on it this Saturday March 21, 9am-11am, 1pm-3pm people welcome to join and help
- Laser Cutter
- Purchasing new lens for finer etching. Chad needs to do that.
- Slight issue. If you turn it on, and it doesn't datum. Turn it off, and move the gantry. Turn it on again.
- 3-D Printer
- Workstation is up!
- Its actually printing spare printer parts during the meeting! Wow! Look at it go!
- Makerbot needs to be given back
- If you want a private class see Eli.
- Bed heats up faster now, in 1 min compared to an hour
- Need to store 3d printer code on HackPgh github
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Part 2, we'd like to automate this process. We already have the bill reader and Pi. Needs to be programmed.
- A lot of progress has been made on this over the past few days. Anthony and Gene are working on it
- Sign Ideas
- Photo is FINALLY Finished and will be sent out for ideas soon.
- We are taking ideas from members, send us a sketch, picture
- Chad will send the photo to the list soon
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments.
- $2 a month discount if you pay for a 6 month membership. Instead of $180 you would be paying $168
- If you stop being a member within those 6 months, you lose the discount
- Jonathan motions
- All present agree, 2 people did not vote
- BoXZY! 3D printer/laser cutter/CNC all in one.
- They challenged us to do a project with it.
- Chad was at an event at Wiggle Whiskey. He was talking to them about an event with a barrel ride. They wanted to build something to carry a keg.
- He wanted to use a PowerWheels to pull a train like thing and dress it up like a locomotive.
- May 1st
- They are also "down" with us holding an event here as a fundraiser for us.
- Something about etching an artist's drawing on a mini barrel
- Lets etch "HackPgh was here", they will never forget us, for good or for bad
- Doug and Val started talking about an Arduino for Artists Class
- Don't focus on breadboarding, but work on soldering to wires and other Arduino devices.
- They are working out the details.
- HackPGH Shop Hack-A-Thon!
- Lets fix the shop up. Make it better!
- What issues do we have with the shop?
- Make something fun and random to be in the shop. (walls etc...)
- May 30th, 12p - 31st 12p.
- Dirty Ball
- April 11th
- Need a fun interactive project. Brainstorm ideas.
- Reubins Tube
- Jonathan is working on a server closet for HackPgh
Move to Adjourn
- Gene motions, Jonathan seconds
- Adjourned 8:25pm