Member Meeting Minutes for June 6, 2018

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Called to Order

  • The meeting was called to order at 7:35 PM

Attendees

  • Chad Elish
  • James Hyde
  • Dave Coakley
  • Becky Zajdel
  • Adam Longwill
  • Bob Berger
  • Simon Heath
  • Sean Guzek
  • Phil Garrow
  • Jesse Allan
  • Dan Elliot
  • Steve Owens
  • Rob Marin (via Google Hangouts)
  • Geno Soroka (via Google Hangouts)
  • Alan Bachmann (via Google Hangouts)

New Members

  • Zoe LeGarrec
  • Eric Hunt

Guest Introductions

  • There were no guests in the shop today!

Quote

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Previous Events

  • Computer Building Workshop
    • Adam Longwill says it was a success, five people attended. The next two classes are scheduled.
  • Shop Clean
    • Good cleaning was done by several members!
  • Open Streets PGH
    • We served hundred of cups of liquid nitrogen ice cream, frozen marshmallows, and had two people sign up for memberships.
  • Open for 5 min

Upcoming Events

https://hackpgh.org/calendar

Shop Updates

  • Elections
    • Elections were held digitally and ended on May 22, 2018.
    • Welcome Adam Longwill to the board!
  • Maker Faire Pittsburgh 2018
    • We need to figure out what we want to do for the faire.
    • Chad is working on Fiscal Sponsorship with MakePGH.
  • Becky and Dave went through two years+ of meeting minutes and updated the Rules and Regulations section of our Wiki. They will be working with Adam Casto to streamline all information for the shop over the next two weeks.
  • Shop Clean Up
    • The Board of Directors should not have to clean up after every mess.
    • Part of making is cleaning up after yourself.
    • If there is an emergency or something similar that takes you away from the area, leave a note or notify the Board.
    • If this issue continues to be a problem, we will start checking the cameras and issuing strikes.
  • Discuss discounted memberships.
    • Becky will put a vote out on WildApricot on whether or not to give the Board of Directors the ability to give short-term promotional discounts in order to bring more people into the shop.
  • Outreach
    • Assemble
      • They want to give HackPGH $100 to do a class from 12:30PM-3:30PM on July 7th.
    • Bicentennial Partners Recognition Celebration – June 11th from 4-6PM.
      • Becky has RSVPed for herself and Jesse.
      • We want to donate one of the first ornaments that was cut at our shop.
  • Shop Improvements
    • No one volunteered to improve the restroom, so we are going to focus on redoing the storage area instead.
      • We have a committee that is comprised of Sean Guzek, Dean, and Adam Longwill. Talk to one of these guys if you'd like to help out!
      • If we get the storage area fixed up, we can then move forward with the wood shop.
      • We can use the lounge area for bin storage until the storage room is complete.
    • Thanks to Simon for capping the toilet!
    • Becky and Adam Casto have created a small $5,000 fundraiser. Please share the link on social media!
  • Classes/Training
    • Becky has the next four welding classes and the next two computer building classes scheduled.
    • She will also be scheduling the CPR/First Aid and the Resume writing classes very soon!
    • Geno would like to teach a multi-meter class sometime in July.
    • Rob would like to run the acrylic class sometime in July - most likely a Friday evening.
    • Alan wants to teach a class on bio-hacking. He will bring his Registered Nurse friend in to discuss any health concerns.
  • Donations
    • We will remind the members that all extra items that aren’t being used for a project or in a bin HAS TO BE GONE by June 15th.
    • We would like to have a gigantic purge day - an extra big shop clean day. We will schedule a specific day but also put it on Meetup.
    • All donations MUST be cleared by the Board of Directors, or must have a clear use for a project by another member. If the item(s) cannot fit into a personal bin, they must be tagged with one of the appropriate parking tickets.

Project Updates

  • CNC is up!
    • The cable is fixed. Sean and Bob will do a demonstration after the meeting.
  • We need to order more 3D printing filament.
  • We have two people who need help on projects:
    • One person needs help making aluminum decals cut via CNC.
    • The second person wants to join HackPGH but needs help with a 3D printer.
  • Sean, Bethany, and Simon are heading up the new Power Wheels team.
    • The theme for this year is "The Magic School Bus."

Recognition for AWESOMENESS

  • Dave - TIG Welder!
  • Bob, Phil, Sean, - CNC

Move to Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at: 8:37 PM

Becky Zajdel signing off. Chad Helped too.