Member Meeting Minutes for June 5, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for June 5th, 2019
Call to order
Simon called the meeting to order at 7:33 PM.
- Simon Heath, President
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Morgan Wable
- Chad Elish
- Phil Garrow
- Gil Tygart
- Tom Fetherston
- Alex Reasinger
- Toby Mann
- CW (via Google Hangouts)
- Steve Owens
- Morgan Wable
- Morgan Hartley
Welcome New members
- Dylan McGuire
- A prescription narcotic was found during clean-up of the party. Whatever medication you are on, please dispose of it properly!
- We are getting two sharps containers (one for each bathroom). Sharps, controlled substances, and razor blades will be disposed of in these containers.
- HackPGH's 10th anniversary party was a success!
- We will be creating thank-you tokens for Tyler Mountain Water, Shop N' Save, and Dad's Pub and Grub.
Events for June
- June 4, Amateur radio meetup
- June 6, Breathe Uptown meeting
- June 14th, LAN party
- June 18th, Member's Meeting
- June 29th, 102 Welding Class
- July 6th, 101 Welding Class
- Old slop sink has been gotten rid of
- Thanks to Chad for getting rid of it
- Giant vinyl cutter has been returned to its owner
- Party! How did it go?
- Dust collector -- if we haven't bought stuff for this by now, we need to.
- Chad and Bethany will be working on this.
- Unfortunately getting goats to eat the brush on the hillside does not seem to be an option. Phil has cut it down.
- NOMCon is June 14th through June 16th -- We should have official representation. Bethany is the only board member who can make it. Members have donated some money to help pay for expenses: $320+ for hotel and such (double check). Simon will pay whatever difference there is.
- There's this John Denny guy who wants to help us raise large amounts of money.
- Becky will schedule a sit-down meeting with John Denny.
- Anyone want to be an area lead?
- Simon is going to be out of town from June 8 to 22, so don't look for him.
- Should the PA system be returned to its owner? Same guy as the vinyl cutter -- his name is Foo, it can be delivered to Randyland
- We will keep it, as it is used quite often.
- We still have some old furniture to get rid of. Halp?
- Becky will be buying some new office chairs. PLEASE mark which ones should be replaced and are beyond repair.
- Chad will try to repair some of the broken chairs. Becky will replace the ones that are beyond help.
- Can we get a change machine? Bethany spends an absurd amount of time rolling coins and mongling $1 bills. Chad reckons he can find one between $40-$100. We will look into it more.
- We will look into a way of digitally paying for snacks and shop items. (Paypal, Venmo, Square, other?)
- Adam will be looking into getting a copy of Adobe Suite/Illustrator
- Membership processing will be changing from PayPal to Wild Apricot. We hate it as much as you do.
- Changeover date is July 14th
Previous vote status:
- Do we want to offer $30/mo membership to people on disability? YES. Talk to board member if your membership needs updated.
- Do we want to make sure elections are not run by someone participating in the election? YES.
- Do we want to make it so board members who are related/financially dependent/spouses can't sign each other's expenses? YES.
- We need a new large CNC machine:
- For the electronics: Do we want to spend $2600 (buying it outright) or building the electronics ourselves ($1000).
- Alex will price out everything, but the total cost is estimated to be between $7000-$8500
- 4" x 8" kit that will run and work EVERY time.
- It will be able to work aluminum and brass
- Alex will be running point on this acquisition/project
- Alex will put a link in the Slack and Voting pages.
- Our fridge is borked. It also has black mold. Thermostat broke, got replaced. Can we just get a new fridge already? It would probably pay for itself in power.
- The Board will be checking out Appliance Warehouse
- Steve brought a vote that the membership approves spending up to $700 on a new fridge. The motion passes.
- Strike policy
- If someone causes a safety or disciplinary issue, three strikes and you're out.
- The Board will decide on a probation period.
- The Board has the ability to expel members at their discretion regarding acts of violence, sexual harassment, and/or proven major disciplinary actions.
- WorkHardPGH Co-op and Co-working Space would like to start an exchange program. The cost of a (full-priced) membership at Hack is almost identical to a membership at Work Hard.
- Come to Work Hard's mixer Net-Work Hard at Steelbridge Labs at 5:30
- You can ask questions of Work Hard's members
- Tustin Street Park
- Chad needs volunteers and can pay a little
- Any funds returned will be put towards the CNC machine
- Move to adjourn
- Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM
- Minutes written by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel