Member Meeting Minutes for June 5, 2019

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for June 5th, 2019

Call to order

Simon called the meeting to order at 7:33 PM.

Attendees

  • Simon Heath, President
  • Sean Guzek, Vice-President
  • Bethany Klick, Treasurer
  • Becky Zajdel, Secretary
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Morgan Wable
  • Chad Elish
  • Phil Garrow
  • Gil Tygart
  • Tom Fetherston
  • Beebo
  • Alex Reasinger
  • Toby Mann
  • CW (via Google Hangouts)
  • Steve Owens
  • Morgan Wable
  • Morgan Hartley

Welcome New members

  • Dylan McGuire

Quote

PSA’s

  • A prescription narcotic was found during clean-up of the party. Whatever medication you are on, please dispose of it properly!
  • We are getting two sharps containers (one for each bathroom). Sharps, controlled substances, and razor blades will be disposed of in these containers.

Past events

  • HackPGH's 10th anniversary party was a success!
    • We will be creating thank-you tokens for Tyler Mountain Water, Shop N' Save, and Dad's Pub and Grub.

Events for June

  • June 4, Amateur radio meetup
  • June 6, Breathe Uptown meeting
  • June 14th, LAN party
  • June 18th, Member's Meeting
  • June 29th, 102 Welding Class
  • July 6th, 101 Welding Class

Old business

  • Old slop sink has been gotten rid of
    • Thanks to Chad for getting rid of it
  • Giant vinyl cutter has been returned to its owner
  • Party! How did it go?
  • Dust collector -- if we haven't bought stuff for this by now, we need to.
    • Chad and Bethany will be working on this.
  • Unfortunately getting goats to eat the brush on the hillside does not seem to be an option. Phil has cut it down.

New business

  • NOMCon is June 14th through June 16th -- We should have official representation. Bethany is the only board member who can make it. Members have donated some money to help pay for expenses: $320+ for hotel and such (double check). Simon will pay whatever difference there is.
  • There's this John Denny guy who wants to help us raise large amounts of money.
    • Becky will schedule a sit-down meeting with John Denny.
  • Anyone want to be an area lead?
  • Simon is going to be out of town from June 8 to 22, so don't look for him.

Shop updates

  • Should the PA system be returned to its owner? Same guy as the vinyl cutter -- his name is Foo, it can be delivered to Randyland
    • We will keep it, as it is used quite often.
  • We still have some old furniture to get rid of. Halp?
  • Becky will be buying some new office chairs. PLEASE mark which ones should be replaced and are beyond repair.
    • Chad will try to repair some of the broken chairs. Becky will replace the ones that are beyond help.
  • Can we get a change machine? Bethany spends an absurd amount of time rolling coins and mongling $1 bills. Chad reckons he can find one between $40-$100. We will look into it more.
    • We will look into a way of digitally paying for snacks and shop items. (Paypal, Venmo, Square, other?)
  • Adam will be looking into getting a copy of Adobe Suite/Illustrator
  • Membership processing will be changing from PayPal to Wild Apricot. We hate it as much as you do.
    • Changeover date is July 14th

Voting items

Previous vote status:

  • Do we want to offer $30/mo membership to people on disability? YES. Talk to board member if your membership needs updated.
  • Do we want to make sure elections are not run by someone participating in the election? YES.
  • Do we want to make it so board members who are related/financially dependent/spouses can't sign each other's expenses? YES.

New votes:

  • We need a new large CNC machine:
    • For the electronics: Do we want to spend $2600 (buying it outright) or building the electronics ourselves ($1000).
    • Alex will price out everything, but the total cost is estimated to be between $7000-$8500
    • 4" x 8" kit that will run and work EVERY time.
    • It will be able to work aluminum and brass
    • Alex will be running point on this acquisition/project
    • Alex will put a link in the Slack and Voting pages.
  • Our fridge is borked. It also has black mold. Thermostat broke, got replaced. Can we just get a new fridge already? It would probably pay for itself in power.
    • The Board will be checking out Appliance Warehouse
    • Steve brought a vote that the membership approves spending up to $700 on a new fridge. The motion passes.
  • Strike policy
    • If someone causes a safety or disciplinary issue, three strikes and you're out.
    • The Board will decide on a probation period.
    • The Board has the ability to expel members at their discretion regarding acts of violence, sexual harassment, and/or proven major disciplinary actions.
  • WorkHardPGH Co-op and Co-working Space would like to start an exchange program. The cost of a (full-priced) membership at Hack is almost identical to a membership at Work Hard.
    • Come to Work Hard's mixer Net-Work Hard at Steelbridge Labs at 5:30
    • You can ask questions of Work Hard's members

Project updates

  • Tustin Street Park
    • Chad needs volunteers and can pay a little
    • Any funds returned will be put towards the CNC machine

Project updates

  • Move to adjourn
    • Meeting was adjourned at 9:15 PM
    • Minutes written by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel