Member Meeting Minutes for June 20, 2017

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Chad
    • James
    • Dave
    • Geno
    • Becky
    • John Lewis
    • Josh Smith
    • Simon Heath
    • Adam Longwill
    • Jesse
    • Cressida (Hangouts)
    • Jacques (Hangouts)
    • Rob Martin (Hangouts)
    • Gene Kern (Hangouts)

Called to Order

  • Called to Order At: 7:35pm

New/Potential Members

  • N/A

Previous Events/Classes

  • Welding Class
  • Motor Control
    • June 17 @ 10am
      • Sold out
      • Everyone got their motors working, success!
    • 8 Year Party
      • Big success
      • Thank you Becky!
  • Reddit Ask Me Anything, Becky was set up
    • Board members hosted
      • Few people from AMA took motor class and came to party, expressed interest in membership

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Soldering Class
    • Design our own PCB and have something which is not an Arduino
    • Geno, Bob, and Cathy will work on it
    • Sometime in August?


Potential Events/Talks/Classes

  • Biohacking: The moral Imperative to Build a Better You
  • Fidget Spinner class for kids
    • Dave Coakley and Rob Martin
    • Boyscouts and Girlscouts
    • July 22 10-1pm
  • Edge lit acrylic
    • Rob Martin interested in teaching it
    • 21+ BYOB event
    • Friday night July 21 @ 7pm
  • Welding Class
    • Dave
      • July 1, 12pm-6pm
  • John Lewis
    • SSH VNC class
      • Sat July 15, 10am-12pm
  • Intro to Python
    • July 15 at 2pm
  • Intro to Biosignals
    • EEG and EKG
    • James Hyde
    • Basic heart rate monitor
    • Bring your own Arduino and laptop
    • $100-150
  • Intro to Czech and Mandarin
    • Becky

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
    • June 21 meeting
  • Power Wheels
  • Laser Cutter
  • 3-D Printers
    • Boxzy
    • Mendlemax
    • Makegear
      • Adam Casto fixing it
    • DaVinci
      • Chad putting on loan so that we can print ABS.
      • Eli brought shelf for it
  • Metal Shop
    • Mill needs 5 conductor switch
  • Wood Shop
    • Dust collector
  • Electronics Workstation
  • Fabrication Station
  • Automatic dues payment system
  • New Website
    • 99% done
    • Becky will help with wording for Visiting section of website
  • Vending Machine
    • Jacques and Chad will mount coin collector into vending machine
  • Server
  • Misc
  • Safety Report
    • Need to test alarms next Meeting!
    • We are now requiring anyone who walks into HackPGH who is not a member, sign the release form!
    • Anonymous complaints form online for members to report issues.
  • Redbull Flugtag

Old Business

  • New Mailing List / Slack/Google Groups
    • Nobody is using freelists, completely switched to Google Groups
  • Checklist for various tools to keep track of their condition
    • Clipboards are here. Anyone want to help?
    • New website will have inventory page
    • Dave will check status of tools periodically
    • Becky will donate old iPad for tool inventory
  • Becky is working on making us a 501c3
    • Updates likely Wednesday
    • Custom non-profit receipt we can give to people so they can do writeoffs
  • Volunteer hours being logged
    • Log will eventually be on website
    • Bonus on cleaning bathroom!
  • Meta Mesh is giving HackPGH super fast speed internet (1000Mb of BW)
  • More Inclusion
    • Every member should be able to give tours
    • We need to be very friendly and welcoming
  • Prototype wants to partner with HackPGH (Potentially Same building).
    • Grants
    • Colab between members.
    • Extra Help
  • Workshop PGH wants to partner too.
  • Update on State of Making in PGH
  • New Member Induction policy
    • We want to find a way to make it more friendly
    • Eli will help come up with official policy wording before we vote on it

New Business

  • Wed afternoon, looking at potential new space, church on Forbes
  • Swap flammables cabinet with shelves near dry erase board
  • There are 744 hours in a month, Please use 3 of them for volunteer hours

Project RollCall

New Member Induction

  • Dan Thompson
    • Approved
  • Charles Simpson
    • Approved

Move to Adjourn

  • Simon motions
    • John Lewis seconds
  • Adjourned at: 8:42pm
Meeting notes by Geno