Member Meeting Minutes for July 2, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- 1 Minutes by Agenda Topic
- 1.1 New Members
- 1.2 Recent Events
- 1.3 Upcoming Events
- 1.4 Upcoming Classes
- 1.5 Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- 1.6 Learning Tracks
- 1.7 Shop Projects / Updates
- 1.8 Old Business
- 1.9 New Business
- 1.10 What can we do to make the shop better?
- 1.11 Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 1.12 Move to Adjourn
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Greg (timely at 8:10pm)
- Called to order at:
- Adam, works with embedded Linux, favorite cartoon is Adventure Time.
- Kenny. Also likes Adventure Time.
- Garage Sale June 21st!
- Made around $300.
- Please take your shit home.
- Or take whatever you want.
- Arduino without Arduino IDE
- Thursday July 10th: High Security Locks
- Build your own theremin class
- Postponed for class preparation.
- Need new date
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- Sensors, sensors, sensors!
- GPS class
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Getting ready for Detroit. Someone wants to bring the light board for displaying something.
- Power wheels
- Car Body
- Eli is heading this up
- Vacuum forming
- Need to make a few tweaks to the chassis
- Replace front axels
- Anyone that is interested should stay after tonight and show up tomorrow after the talk
- Telemetry data
- Car Body
- CNC Router
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- Waiting on treasurer. They want us to do a Wire Transfer.
- Carnegie Library would like to know if we could give a talk about HackPGH and give a demonstration
- We will need projects and people to present
- Decided to request the date of 8/23
- Create a form for people to signup for an email when interested in more information about joining
- Detroit Maker Faire
- Decided not to host a booth at Detroit
- Who all is coming?
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Relay box has been installed for power emergency stop buttons.
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Shop Work
- Chad proposed removing couch.
- Discussed painting walkways that need to be left clear. if something is left in the walkway, it will be thrown away.
- Need to install new legs for the tables
- Talked about getting 50 matching chairs for larger events
- Stackable for consolidation.
- Proposed removing the stove.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Geno thinks we need to set up a new fan. We need someone to hang the box fan that is up on the shelf.
Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- Chad Has floor
- Showed youtube video of voice controlled lights using a Raspberry Pi
- DIY Tesla Coil Gun
- Functional 1/3 Scale Macintosh Replica using a Raspberry Pi
Move to Adjourn
- Gene moved to adjourn
- Meeting adjourned at 8:20pm