Member Meeting Minutes for February 15, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
Council elections (end of meeting)
Attendees: Mark, Matt, Eli, Gabe, Dan, Scott, Sarita, val, Doug Called to order at 7:30pm
==== New Members ===-
- Tim and Shawn - not present
- Sat Feb 25th: Processing class - val (sold out!)
- Sat Mar 24th: Physical Pixel - Doug & ?
- Sat Apr 14th: Soft Circuits class w/ex-member Elizabeth - confirmed date.
- Start thinking of May class possibilities: - decide March 7th
- PCB class (Matt B -- will get back to us next week)
- Welding class for members prior to generalpublic welding class
- Solar powered mesh network (follow up to Sayan's talk)
- Sat Feb 11th: Learn to Solder Arduino - Matt Beckler and Sarita, Laura, Eli, Sayan and Doug
- Next time allot 3 hours instead of 2.
- Next time limit to 10-12 people, we were crowded.
- Get larger quantity of burn ointment
- Fri Feb 17th - Solar panel networks
- Fri Feb 25th - home made solar power - talk and DIY solar technology, harbour freight, diagnostics tools.
- Fri Mar 2nd - Truffles! Vegan and Bacon - separate tables/kitchens
- Fri Mar 9th - TBD! - maybe Scott, maybe Eli
- Fri Mar 16th - Tentative Linux install fest - we need to confirm that date is good, Doug will relay back to WPLUG.
- jQuery is defunct. Node.js wants to use shop, need membership approval and sponsor.
- Proper Television - as per email to the list.
- TODAY: Feb 15th - WBAI show (fundraiser for station) is on Hackerspaces. They're giving away copies of HackThis and have asked all the featured Hackerspaces for stickers (30) to include with the books.
- April 14th: Robot fest: Baltimore's MiniMakerFaire - Laura is going, wants to know if anyone else is interested, if we want to do something as a shop, etc. - ask Laura to send to the list.
- April 14th: Notacon - Cleveland, Ohio, Art/Hacking/Tech conference.
- Romibo - Aubrey from CMU wants to have use be alpha testers in March. We're not yet sure how public/private she wants the alpha testing to be.
- Pyrotopia - Being rescheduled, expect word/info soon. April 27th, 28th
- Potential Rope making - waiting for details from jet
- Open Source Fab night - date TBD, jet to pick date offline.
- Make Magazine subscription fund
- Raw Materials update
- sold so far: 6 dreamcast games, two laptops, two closing by this evening.
- Snack situation update
- Snack pricing update - cheezeits 2/$1 - doug to put a sign up.
- T-Shirt/Hoodies are IN!
- Outside groups using the shop (CMU/Romibo)
- Node.js wants to meet here. Can maybe take the slot that jQuery isn't using?
- Doug would like to move the Knot Tying Group to another slot.
- Mice are back:
- Doug will get the stuff his family uses.
- Death Row:
- Scott will notify members that stuff going away soon.
Nominees: -- Scott, Logan, Eli, Doug - elected by acclamation
Motion to adjourn: 20:24