Member Meeting Minutes for Feb 4, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Alex - LG (laser guy)
- Prospective Member Neil, interested in fabric work.
- Wesley - Arrived 7:58pm
- Called to order at:
- Volker - interested in soldering work, woodwork. In real life, he's a roboticist.
- Wesley - mostly interested in metal work.
- Thursday Jan 22nd, 7-9p, Steel City Infosec Meetup - Audio Surveillance (Including Lab)
- Filled the place.
- 30+ people.
- Gene suggests that we need more seating for such events.
- Finish Friday on Jan 23rd
- A few people showed up
- Saturday Jan 24th 2-5pm, Artemis special event with another hackerspace, Bodgery.
- It was fun.
- They want to set up a monthly game session.
- They suggested the 4th Saturday of every month.
- Tuesday, Jan 27th - Entrepreneur Meetup
- Last minute call to host the meeting.
- Possible new member.
- They may be interested in hosting another event in the future.
- Wednesday Jan 28th - Tesla
- One guy showed up. Geno showed him his tesla coil.
- Friday Jan 30th - 3D printing class - Chad to host
- A bunch of people came. Eli stopped by to say hi and ended up teaching the class.
- If you are interested in learning
- Friday Feb 6 - Finish-It Friday
- Saturday Feb 7th - Intro to Arduino Software - Physical Pixel
- Noon to 4pm
- Monday Feb 9 - UAV Club
- Wednesday Feb 11th - Tesla
- Thursday Feb 12th - Music and Tech Club
- Friday Feb 13th - Analog Game Night
- Sunday Feb 15th - Field Trip: Rocket Launch
- Monday 16th - Software Club
- Friday Feb 27th - Possible talk on GIS by Jim
- March 7th - Processing Class
- March 14th - LUG
- April 11th - LUG
Potential Evening talks/events
- GPS class
- Get a GPS, learn about the output and how to use it
- Learn to display the location
- April timeframe, shooting for an afternoon course
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems)
- Looking at geographic and census data on a map
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Physical Pixel is next. Dyode after that.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Might be able to do a bigger installation on the side of the building. Need to talk with Dale.
- No updates
- Needs people to work on it
- Tool Power E-Stop
- No updates
- Power wheels
- In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
- CNC Router
- EJ Worked on it a bit.
- He found there are issues with latency with the parallel power.
- Laser Cutter
- Going to order today.
- 3-D Printer
- We just did a class on how to use... If you want a private class see a board member.
- New RFID Door
- It's ALIVE!!!
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Put completed envelopes with cash in the box next to the restroom.
- Part 2, we'd like to automate this process. We already have the bill reader and Pi. Needs to be programmed.
- Election Committee
- Elections on next meeting!
- Open Shop Night
- Chad suggested that we consider having an open shop night where we let non-members use some tools, not all. Chad's point is to get people that are interested to come in and learn about the shop. He doesn't want all the tools available to incentivize becoming a member. Discussed, but there was talk that some some members think it would be a good idea to allow the Laser cutter with assistance from a member. This was tabled, and will be discussed more later.
- Sign Ideas
- Chad has an idea, but the we were interested in having submissions from members and then vote on a design. This will be continued.
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments. This may be tabled until the next board meeting.
- Eli mentioned that we might get a small 3D printer/laser cutter/CNC all in one.
- We might be able to get a chance to get a prototype. We would have to provide feedback.
- Friend of Eli is involved in the a group called Hackers and Founders. They are starting a Pittsburgh Chapter.
- They might be interested in holding the event at HackPgh.
- Eli will sponsor the group. He will follow up.
- Some one is willing to donate a kegerator.
- All in agreement to accept the donation of a kegerator.
- A couple guys up stairs are looking to join. They are part of a startup, working out of StartUpTown.
- They will be getting memberships to get work done in the shop.
- Alex would like to move the Music and Technology Club meeting to a Saturday
- He proposed doing the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- This will be tabled until the next members meeting.
Move to Adjourn
- Gene motioned to adjourn
- Eli seconded