Member Meeting Minutes for Feb 18, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- EJ (google)
- Chris (google)
- Alex (8:17pm)
- pizza (8:17pm)
- Called to order at:
- James - researcher over a Pitt. Interested in imaging, microscopy, and clockworks.
- Steve - developer. Working on a 3D printer, CNC, and other things. Software guy by day.
- Friday Feb 6 - Finish-It Friday
- Saturday Feb 7th - Intro to Arduino Software - Physical Pixel
- Went well. Everyone get everything to work.
- Everyone was happy to get their bread boards to work.
- Monday Feb 9 - UAV Club
- Not sure if anyone showed up.
- Wednesday Feb 11th - Tesla
- No one showed
- Thursday Feb 12th - Music and Tech Club
- No one made it... too cold!
- Friday Feb 13th - Analog Game Night
- That was fun!
- Sunday Feb 15th - Field Trip: Rocket Launch
- Cancelled due to weather. It was windy. Not conducive to rocketry.
- Monday 16th - Software Club
- Gene took out the recyclables. Thanks Gene!
- Friday Feb 27th - Possible talk on GIS by Jim
- Follow up with Jim. If it happens need to post on Sunday the 22nd.
- March 7th - Processing Class
- February 21st - LUG
- March 6th - Movie Night! Bring your movie, we'll vote and pick what to watch. Maybe even a double feature
- March 14th - LUG
- April 11th - LUG
Potential Evening talks/events
- GPS class
- Get a GPS, learn about the output and how to use it
- Learn to display the location
- April timeframe, shooting for an afternoon course
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems)
- Looking at geographic and census data on a map
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Diyode.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- No progress
- Tool Power E-Stop
- No progress
- Power wheels
- In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
- CNC Router
- Decided to purchase Shepoko.
- Laser Cutter
- Purchasing new lens for finer etching. Waiting on response from China.
- Slight issue. If you turn it on, and it doesn't datum. Turn it off, and move the gantry. Turn it on again.
- Report any other issues.
- 3-D Printer
- We just did a class on how to use a couple weeks ago... If you want a private class see a board member.
- New RFID Door / Pi
- It works.
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Put completed envelopes with cash in the box next to the restroom.
- Part 2, we'd like to automate this process. We already have the bill reader and Pi. Needs to be programmed.
- Sign Ideas
- Chad has an idea, but the we were interested in having submissions from members and then vote on a design. This will be continued.
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments. This may be tabled until the next board meeting.
- Eli mentioned that we might get a small 3D printer/laser cutter/CNC all in one. Its called a Boxzy.
- We might be able to get a chance to get a prototype. We would have to provide feedback.
- Eli to follow up.
- Friend of Eli is involved in the a group called Hackers and Founders. They are starting a Pittsburgh Chapter.
- They might be interested in holding the event at HackPGH.
- Eli will sponsor the group. He will follow up.
- Some one is willing to donate a kegerator.
- We have a kegerator!
- Alex would like to move the Music and Technology Club meeting to a Saturday
- He proposed doing the 2nd Saturday of each month.
- We decided to hold this on the 3rd Saturday of every month. This will start in march.
- Chad will post this on the calendar.
- Arduino Day
- It's on March 28th.
- We are doing this. We will demo various projects.
- We need to figure out someone to head this. Maybe Val?
- Steel City InfoSec Thursday, April 9th
- They would like to hold an event/talk at the shop for a couple hours. This would be open to the public.
- We agreed to host this. Chad will post on the calendar.
- Chad was at an event at Wiggle Whiskey. He was talking to them about an event with a barrel ride. They wanted to build something to carry a keg.
- He wanted to use a PowerWheels to pull a train like thing and dress it up like a locomotive.
- There is interest in participating, but we need a date from Chad
- They are also "down" with us holding an event here as a fundraiser for us.
- Something about etching an artist's drawing on a mini barrel
- Saint Patricks Day Parade
- The steel city time machine is invited to the parade. We could join the car club to be in the parade.
- Eli will contact the the guy to see if we are still on for this.
- Doug and Val started talking about an Arduino for Artists Class
- Don't focus on breadboarding, but work on soldering to wires and other Arduino devices.
- They are working out the details.
Move to Adjourn
- Meeting adjourned at 8:42pm
Anthony Cascone, signing off. Peace out!