Member Meeting Minutes for Dec 5, 2018
Called to Order
- The meeting was called to order at:
- Chad Elish, President
- Dave Coakley, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Alex Reasinger
- Jesse L (via Google Hangouts)
- Rob Martin (via Google Hangouts)
- Geno Soroka (via Google Hangouts)
- Rob Bedel (via Google Hangouts)
- Rachel Ballance
No guests today!
"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world." - Mr. Keating, AKA Robin Williams
- Micro-controller meetup
- Thanks to all who attended!
- Tesla Club was held on November 28th.
- Eco-Innovation meeting was held on the November 29th.
- SYLA (via Sam Black) and HackPGH co-hosted a gaming event at the Science Center on November 30th!
- We had our second Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal lecture on Saturday, December 1st. Becky got more Birthday Cake Ice Cream for the next event.
- On Tuesday, December 18th we will hold both a Members Meeting and training on Saw Stop right before at 6:30PM.
- Drone and UAV Meeting on December 11th.
- LAN Party will be held on Friday, December 14th!
- Please clean up after yourself.
- Also, please let the board know if we are running low on shop supplies!
- Tustin Tot Lot
- Chad signed the final contract got nearly all conceptual approval for the art and budget.
- Tustin Tot Lot
- New laminator was donated by Phil!
- Sand Blasting Cabinet... also donated by Phil!
- Alex Reasinger would like to bring in his kiln.
- It runs on 240-50amps. It's between 3-4ft in diameter. It's good for ceramics and glass.
- It comes with shelves and a few other items.
- Becky will send out a survey for Membership approval
- You can now print to the large-format printer from any computer. Instructions are on the Wiki.
- We are going to go ahead and buy D&O Insurance!
- Election for Treasurer
- Nominations Start Now!
- FOUR people present have nominated Rob Martin.
- We will have nominations for a week, and then a one-week
- Kelly from Workshop PGH to Hack and have a small maker night for her employees/members, and in turn they will teach classes here at Hack.
- Power Racing
- We need a Team Captain for Power Racing.
- We are opening nominations for Team Captain, so send in your nominations to the info account or Becky now!
- Shop Tours
- Sign up or PM a Board Member on Slack to give a shop tour.
- The board has decided to give partial administrative access to a few select members who give tours so that they can grant key fobs.
- Becky will send out a sign-up sheet via email and Slack!
- Project Connect Updates
- Need to buy the solar bench before end of December. Price goes up 15% afterward.
- Maker Event called "PGH WinterHack"
- February 23rd
- Please contact mpac on Slack if you are interested in participating in the event!
- Bedel is working on PCBs. If anyone is interested in learning how to make these, Bedel is willing to teach a class on the subject!
Recognition for AWESOMENESS
Thanks to Mpac for taking over tours for Becky when she was sick!
Move to Adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at: 8:16 PM
Minutes written by: Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel