Member Meeting Minutes for Dec 5, 2018

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Called to Order

  • The meeting was called to order at:

Attendees

  • Chad Elish, President
  • Dave Coakley, Vice-President
  • Becky Zajdel, Secretary
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Alex Reasinger
  • Jesse L (via Google Hangouts)
  • Rob Martin (via Google Hangouts)
  • Geno Soroka (via Google Hangouts)
  • Rob Bedel (via Google Hangouts)

New Members

  • Rachel Ballance

Guest Introductions

No guests today!

Quote

"No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world." - Mr. Keating, AKA Robin Williams

Past Events

  • Micro-controller meetup
  • Shop-clean!
    • Thanks to all who attended!
  • Tesla Club was held on November 28th.
  • Eco-Innovation meeting was held on the November 29th.
  • SYLA (via Sam Black) and HackPGH co-hosted a gaming event at the Science Center on November 30th!
  • We had our second Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal lecture on Saturday, December 1st. Becky got more Birthday Cake Ice Cream for the next event.

Future Events

  • On Tuesday, December 18th we will hold both a Members Meeting and training on Saw Stop right before at 6:30PM.
  • Drone and UAV Meeting on December 11th.
  • LAN Party will be held on Friday, December 14th!

Shop Updates

  • PSAs
    • Please clean up after yourself.
    • Also, please let the board know if we are running low on shop supplies!
  • Outreach
    • Tustin Tot Lot
      • Chad signed the final contract got nearly all conceptual approval for the art and budget.
  • Tools
    • New laminator was donated by Phil!
    • Sand Blasting Cabinet... also donated by Phil!

New Business

  • Alex Reasinger would like to bring in his kiln.
    • It runs on 240-50amps. It's between 3-4ft in diameter. It's good for ceramics and glass.
    • It comes with shelves and a few other items.
    • Becky will send out a survey for Membership approval
  • You can now print to the large-format printer from any computer. Instructions are on the Wiki.
  • We are going to go ahead and buy D&O Insurance!
  • Election for Treasurer
    • Nominations Start Now!
    • FOUR people present have nominated Rob Martin.
    • We will have nominations for a week, and then a one-week
  • Kelly from Workshop PGH to Hack and have a small maker night for her employees/members, and in turn they will teach classes here at Hack.
    • Vote
  • Power Racing
    • We need a Team Captain for Power Racing.
    • We are opening nominations for Team Captain, so send in your nominations to the info account or Becky now!
  • Shop Tours
    • Sign up or PM a Board Member on Slack to give a shop tour.
    • The board has decided to give partial administrative access to a few select members who give tours so that they can grant key fobs.
  • Becky will send out a sign-up sheet via email and Slack!
  • Project Connect Updates
    • Need to buy the solar bench before end of December. Price goes up 15% afterward.
    • Vote
  • Maker Event called "PGH WinterHack"
    • February 23rd
    • Please contact mpac on Slack if you are interested in participating in the event!

Project Updates

  • Bedel is working on PCBs. If anyone is interested in learning how to make these, Bedel is willing to teach a class on the subject!

Recognition for AWESOMENESS

Thanks to Mpac for taking over tours for Becky when she was sick!

Move to Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at: 8:16 PM

Minutes written by: Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel