Member Meeting Minutes for August 7, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- 1 Minutes by Agenda Topic
- 1.1 New Members
- 1.2 Recent Events
- 1.3 Upcoming Events
- 1.4 Upcoming Classes
- 1.5 Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- 1.6 Learning Tracks
- 1.7 Shop Projects / Updates
- 1.8 Old Business
- 1.9 New Business
- 1.10 What can we do to make the shop better?
- 1.11 Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 1.12 Move to Adjourn
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Thursday July 31st - Maker Faire Detroit Highlight Reel
- Thursday August 7th - Last Lock Pick Club meeting, unless we get another sponsor
- Friday August 15th - Analog Game Night!
- Friday August 22nd - Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream - Chad
- Thursday August 28th - Intro to OOP - by Greg
- Build your own theremin class
- Geno has the floor.
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- Liquid nitrogen Ice Cream
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- We should probably reset here. We should schedule a new Intro to soldering class for fall.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Power wheels NYC 9/20-9/21 2014!!!!!
- What needs done for NYC?
- Wiring harness batteries
- Headlights, Brake-lights
- Do we want to go to Milwaukee? 9/13-9/14
- Do we want to go to Fort Wayne? 9/27-9/28
- What needs done for NYC?
- CNC Router
- Need to get some wiring done
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- Delivery on the ~ 14th, 4-7 days for x-rays, 2 days to clear customs. So 25th-ish? Maybe sooner.
- How are we picking this up?
- Carnegie Library demo 8/23.
- Decided to talk about various aspects of Power Wheels Detroit!
- We need an activity as well.
- Shop Work
- Decided to throw away couch. Need space.
- Discussed painting walkways that need to be left clear. if something is left in the walkway, it will be thrown away.
- Need to install new legs for the tables
- Talked about getting 50 matching chairs for larger events
- Stackable for consolidation.
- Decided to remove the stove.
- World Maker Faire NYC
- No Booth but Power Wheels!
- September 20th and 21st!
- Let us know if you are interested in coming. Need to plan for space to sleep.
- Getting back to our roots.
- New (Well Old) procedure to induct members.
- Lets take pride in the shop.
- Show off things we made.
- HackPGH is 5 Years Old!!
- After Laser Cutter Comes in!
- Nerd Exchange PodCast Event
- Chad asked if anyone would have an issue. No one say anything except for Jim that mentioned he had a friend that has an internet talk show.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Less expensive lighting
- Fix Lighting
- Send email to group soliciting input on events
- Send out a reminder about members meeting and point out that this is a good time to catch up with other projects
- Re-Tweet our Tweets
Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 3D Printer Shootout
- Took place last Sunday. Matt was invited to help with Make Magazine's printer shootout. Eli went out to help as well, and was cool opportunity for HackPittsburgh to help out at the event.
- Hal 9000
- BTTF Time Circuit Clock
- Raspberry PI Car PC
Move to Adjourn
Gene motioned to adjourn. Bob seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8:43pm.