Council Meeting Minutes for March 27, 2010
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- Inc. Deal
- Upcoming Events
- Motivating the MEMBERS!
- Shop Improvement
- New York Follow Up
- Marty currently has a backup script running to his Amazon S3
- Motion to get Hack Pittsburgh it's own S3 account (estimated at $0.50 per month) voted yay
- Motion for our own DreamHost account (estimated at $12 a month) voted yay
- Also move MakePGH to DreamHost once we acquire hosting
- More follow ups for activities on the blog
- Basic Liability Steps
- MEMBERS ONLY in the Power Tool area
- Signage and forms regarding using any power tools or dangerous equipment.
- E-mail being sent to Dale to discuss Inc. with his partner Scott Hilliard
- Solution preferred = Covered liability and cheap!
- CREATE AGENDA FOR THE MEETING WITH SCOTT AND DALE
- Inc. regarding liabilities (insurance for directors and officers)
- How to go about taxes
- If not non profit, could we use them as a fiscal sponsor
- Electrical build out vs. Heat...
- Meeting with Scott
- Waiting for e-mail response from Norma (Jason and Melissa)
- Balloon prelim launch 4/17
- Meeting Monday will supplies showing up.
- AlphaOneLabs and HackPGH activity (Possibly have I3D)
- Meet later in month for event planning
- MakePGH 4/13
- MakerFair Baltimore 4/24
- At first members meeting introduce need for headcount by Friday
- Dayton Hamfest
- At first members meeting introduce need for headcount
- MakerFaire Detroit
- Need members to commit to going and sponsoring event
- Ideas for sponsored event
- Or participation or both
- If not enough members are available no go..?
- World's Smallest Parade?
Ideas for classes
- Garduino - arduino for gardening
- Arduino I and II (early May)
- CigarBox Guitar Class (prototypes being worked on)
- Star Punch!
- Members Meeting
- Fill out Friday nights @ first meeting at least through April
- Work on projects
- Blog Projects
- Twitter Posts
- Pull out all the stops at the first meeting
- Lazor Nickels/Stars
- Volunteer Time ( Reinstate acknowledgement of lack and non lack)
- Invoice for April
- Create banner for website (Andy!)
- Announce them at events (Sponsored)
- Wall paint being acquired
- Removal of Heater
- Preference of heater to be replaced with electrical build out
- Move to work on zigbee wireless solution with router
- E-mail to Lori sent for epoxy
- Telephone wire coming out back of epoxy
- At next members meeting move to set up SPRING CLEANING
New York Follow Up
- Send out thanks to respective parties