Council Meeting Minutes for June 10, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- Scott, Eli, Doug
- Need to elect a Sec'y now that Logan is gone.
- New council member to replace Logan - we need to educate members on process/responsibilities
- shop security
- Paying for dues in cash
- EL-Wire class supervision - we need someone from the shop to help with operational matters
- Doug out 16th/17th - film crew will be hosed by ??
- Announcements list - we have new classes and fresh call for makers.
- home page announcements sign up doesn' say what kind of list, can we change that?
- let members know we have schwag (should we also mention that on the announcements list)?
- Form letter to reply to folks who want to donate stuff? (Maybe a wiki page or ...)
- Friday's are open to the public events isn't easy to find on the site.
- Detroit organization
- Dues/Membership levels?
- Set up recurring/subscription in Paypal?
- Kickstarter drive - follow up to discussion in the shop last week.
- New lock key status and RFID status
- keys all made for the new lock, RFID work continues on FiniSH IT Fri
- Request for borrowing of our projector (see info@ email)
Shop Direction(s) for 2012 - Tabled due to lack of time
- Membership "levels"
- Repeated interest from folks who want to belong but can't volunteer time.
- Unblocked by electrical work
- Electronics Station - still needs work
- Craft area - getting attention
- Leather sewing machine project
- Robot parts: Eli will look at that and at finishing the shop shop reorg.
- Shop cleanup:
- Once a Quarter cleanup day (weekend, major)
- Propose to members that we shoot for one workshop/class per month
- We're stumbling on getting classes arranged/organized.
- Friday night event planning
- Not just talks
- As with Shop Cleanup, maybe we relieve some schedule pressure with:
- FiniSH IT Fridays (every 2nd or 3rd month)?
- Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
- Food event (every 2nd/3rd month, we've had Miracle Fruit, Truffles, Mead, and now Coffee)
- Learn-to nights
- Simple soldering? Yohe did a one solder joint Friday night event that was pretty successful
- Learn to knit/crochet
- Some kind of programming intro? (May be too long for a Friday night though)