Council Meeting Minutes for December 20, 2011

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Attending

Scott, Doug

Agenda

  • Shop Access
  • Officers
  • Shop Misc.
  • Friday Night Events
  • Member collaboration
  • Request for clarification re: member collaboration with outside groups
    • Doug to send reply that Scott had drafted
    • Need to update the membership page to clarify there as well

Shop Access

  • Scott now has keys from Matt
  • Doug to take point on RFID badge project

Officers

  • Scott acting President until full council quorum to vote officially.

Shop Misc.

  • T-Shirts/Sweatshirts - Doug to put up spreadsheet for interest to guide reorder
  • Peppermint Patties - shop to buy, previously members had been buying them for general shop enjoyment.
  • We have mice. - Doug to coordinate with landlord on remed(y,ies).
  • We need to remind members to label stuff that they're loaning to the shop vs. donating.

Friday Night Events

  • We only have one confirmed for January so far
  • Find a way to get membership more engaged
  • Scott may do one or two
  • Luc has given us a list of potential (20+!) Friday night talks, we need to go over list (Doug forgot to bring).

Shop Direction(s) for 2012

  • Suggest to membership that January be month of clean up.
    • Goal is to have three categories: Stuff we're getting rid of, Stuff that can be harvested or sold, Stuff we're keeping.
  • January is month to set shop's direction(s) for 2012
  • January is month to get nominations for 2012 council members
  • Propose to members that we shoot for one workshop/class per month
  • Discuss Friday Night Events going forward into 2012, are they working for us.

Member collaboration

  • Request from member for clarification re: member collaboration with outside groups
    • Doug to send reply that Scott drafted
    • Need to update the membership page to clarify there as well