Member Meeting Minutes for September 20, 2016

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Chad
    • Josh Smith
    • Bob Berger
    • Cathy
    • Scott
    • Jaque Parker
    • Steve Owens
    • Simon

Called to Order

  • Called to order at: 8:00

New/Potential Members

Recent Events

  • Power Wheels meeting
    • Scheduled: Sep 8, 2016, 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM
  • PUBLIC: Digital Games
    • Scheduled: Sep 9, 2016, 9:00 PM to Sep 10, 2016, 1:00 AM
  • Fix It Day @ HackPGH
    • Scheduled: Sep 10, 2016, 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
  • Open Shop (For New Members)
    • Scheduled: Sep 10, 2016, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • Open Shop (For New Members)
    • Scheduled: Sep 12, 2016, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • PUBLIC: Unmanned Vehicle group meeting
    • Scheduled: Sep 12, 2016, 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
  • PUBLIC: 3DPPG
    • Scheduled: Sep 14, 2016, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM
  • PUBLIC: Music & Technology Club
    • Scheduled: Sep 17, 2016, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
  • Open Shop (For New Members)
    • Scheduled: Sep 17, 2016, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • Open Shop (For New Members)
    • Scheduled: Sep 19, 2016, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
  • PUBLIC: Software/CS Group Meeting
    • Scheduled: Sep 19, 2016, 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
  • HackPGH Members Meeting
    • Scheduled: Sep 20, 2016, 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM

Upcoming Events

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Basic Electronics part 1
    • Nov 5 10am-2pm
  • Intro to Python
    • Nov 12 1pm-3pm

Potential Talks/Classes

  • Andrew- Intro to Lathe and Mill
    • After Maker Faire
  • John Lewis- PittMesh DNS/Server talk
    • Intro to Databases, Intro to Git
    • Soap Making class?
  • Intro to Welding, similar to SynHak
    • Action Item for Chad: Get Andrew information about SynHak welding class

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
  • Power Wheels
  • 3-D Printers
    • Chris Yohe is fixing the Makegear
  • Lathe
    • DROs need to be installed
  • Fabrication Station
    • Bought some Vinyl!
    • Scott is bringing brand new sewing machine
  • Vending Machine
    • Still needs a raspberry Pi Connected and payments to work.
  • Automatic dues payment system
    • Jim is close to getting it working, did some tests
  • Server
    • Cloud with LED's which lights up when people access server
  • Vaccum Forming Table
    • Jeremy

Old Business

  • Need outlets near mill
  • New Space
    • Harlod still wants space next door for now.
    • Made Right Here Partnership?
  • Vinyl Cut Open Shop Hours on door.
  • Lets put Open Shop recurring on Meetup. Excellent way to attract new members.
    • One Saturday a month, Geno will take care of that
  • Maker Faire
    • Party Here
      • Cathy will head up the committee for this
  • City of Pittsburgh Wants us to do all ornaments for their Xmas tree!
    • 90 Bicentennial sign ornaments, one for each neighborhood
      • Membership votes in favor of doing this
        • Steve Owens and Josh Smith will work on this


  • Things that need done around the shop
    • Update Member Booklet
      • Members vote to make a PDF, email it to new members
    • Maintain Computers
      • Update/Install Autodesk
    • Section Leaders - Maintain, keep clean area.
      • Laser Cutter
        • Alex Reasinger
      • Electronics Workbench
        • Simon Heath
      • Fabrication Station
      • Kitchen
        • Alex Reasinger
      • Shop Area
        • Andrew Campbell
      • 3D Printer
        • Ryan and Chris
      • Pi Workstation
        • John Lewis
      • Misc
        • Everyone
  • Steve Owens motions to change "Don't be a Dick" to "Don't be a Jagoff" for duration of Bicentennial celebration
    • All members vote in favor
  • Jim and Steve want to get back into doing train club
  • Eli wants to remind that HackPGH members get student rate at TechShop
  • Scott wants to schedule Holistic Brain for October 4
  • Simon: Python Class, Nov 12 at 1pm

New Business

  • Chad Visited Maker Spaces across PA
    • Slideshow
  • White House Review
    • More News!!!

Project RollCall

New Member Induction

Move to Adjourn

      • Adjourned at: 21:03
Meeting notes by Chad