Member Meeting Minutes for Sept 3, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- 1 Minutes by Agenda Topic
- 1.1 New Members
- 1.2 Recent Events
- 1.3 Upcoming Events
- 1.4 Upcoming Classes
- 1.5 Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- 1.6 Learning Tracks
- 1.7 Shop Projects / Updates
- 1.8 Old Business
- 1.9 New Business
- 1.10 What can we do to make the shop better?
- 1.11 Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 1.12 Action
- 1.13 Move to Adjourn
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Friday August 22nd - Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream - Chad
- Saturday, August 23rd - Event at the Carnegie Library.
- Decent turn out. Showed off power wheels and made ice cream with liquid nitrogen.
- Thursday August 28th - Intro to OOP - by Greg
- Not too much of a turn out. Chad would like to do it again.
- Friday, September 5th - Joey, Jim? Open Source Brewing: Part I
- Not happening... Postponed... TBD.
- Friday, September 12th - Artemis Night!!!!
- September, 20th & 21st - Maker Faire New York!!!!!!!
- Friday, September 26th - Maker Faire New York Debrief
- Friday, October 3rd - Shop Clean
- Saturday, October 4th - HackPittsburgh Birthday Celebration (We're 5 years old!)
- October 10th - Analog Game Night
- October 12th - Nerd Exchange Podcast Event, Chad takes point
- Membership feels it's ok to have vendor (ie Comic Book sales) on sight
- Friday, October 17th - Intro to OOP with Greg
- Friday, October 24th - Hacking together a costume (or Halloween Hack and Slash)
- Build your own theremin class
- Planning in progress. Geno is almost ready to use a 9 volt battery. Almost ready for a parts list.
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- We should probably reset here. We should schedule a new Intro to soldering class for fall.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Gene got a RaspberryPi B+ added. He needs to be shown how to program the Arduino via Pi.
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Power wheels NYC 9/20-9/21 2014!!!!!
- What needs done for NYC?
- Tires, made a first attempt. Too small. Need another set.
- Get a set of Kendas, and another set to test. We need another set of rims as well.
- Wiring harness batteries
- Headlights, Brake-lights. Gene acquired LED sets for the lights.
- Mount camera to car
- What needs done for NYC?
- CNC Router
- Need to get some wiring done
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- If you haven't noticed... It's here!
- Things needed to finish setup.
- Laser Goggles (Purchased) Should be here by Friday.
- Parts for the 3D printer were ordered
- Work in progress
- New RFID Reader arrived. Work has started on integrating the new reader. If you are interested in helping, contact Anthony
- Maker Fest! - Sunday Sept 14th
- Collaboration with TechShop
- At Bakery Square
- During Thrival Festival
- 3 Hours Long
- Greg suggested we need to build a bunk couch
- Adam would like to give a talk/workshop on Wireless 101/Can-tennas
- Possibly the beginning of November (8, or 9)
- Movie night for Members
- Dan recommended someone to run lock pick
- This new kid would need a sponsor. Geno said he would sponsor the kid.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Post Flyers!
- Reverse Graffiti (cleaning with a stencil)
- Never wet on the street
- Art student to paint garage door.
Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- Portable Electroincs Workstation: http://www.instructables.com/id/Soundwave-Portable-Electronics-Workstaion/
- HydroPower from a Washing Machine: http://hackaday.com/2014/09/01/hydropower-from-a-washing-mashine/
- Street Light Floor Lamp - http://www.instructables.com/id/Street-light-floor-lamp/
* Gene will send out news letter with events for the next month
Move to Adjourn
Doug motioned to adjourn. Jim seconded. Meeting adjourned at 8:53pm.