Member Meeting Minutes for Sept 2, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- John Balacko
- Stephen Mitchell
- James Hyde
- John Lewis
- Jim Freach
- Steve Morrisson
- Steve Owens
- Called to order at: 8:23pm
- Potential new member
- Josh, Software engineer, into everything DIY, robots, security
- Aug 24th - UV Club
- Aug 26th - Tesla Club
- Aug 28th - Arduino Group Workshop: Bring your Arduino projects and work/collaborate on them
- Aug 31st - UV Club
- Friday Sept 4th - Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
- Saturday Sept 5th - Mechanical Club
- Monday Aug 7th - UV Club (Software)
- Wednesday Aug 9th - Tesla Club
- Tesla trip to Niagara Falls 9/5
- Friday Aug 11th - Digital Games Night (Artemis)
- Saturday Aug 12th - LUG and Android Databases talk
- Monday Aug 14th - UV Club (Hardware)
- Tuesday Aug 15th - Members Meeting
Potential Evening talks/events
- Scott Holistic Brain talk
- October 29, 7:30pm
- Inaugural meeting
- Eli, basic welding class
- Simon, make your own video game
- Arduino/PI networking class: John Lewis and Balacko
- Scott Holistic Brain talk
- Motor Control - Does someone want to take this track over?
- Geno will take it over
- IC Class
- Electronics Class
- Change Arduino learning track to Embedded learning track
- Raspberry Pi learning track
==== Project Roll Call ==== // We should move this to end of meeting and limit the time to 1-2 mins
- Eli: Power wheels
- Steve Owens: Slot Mortisor
- John Balacko: Peltier cooler vest
Shop Projects / Updates
- Autonomous Power Wheels
- Chugging right along with software
- Improved Lidar mapping, still needs work
- Tested localization
- Making progress on frame for car
- Need wireless killswitch
- Anyone want to add moxie to car?
- Power wheels
- Eli will be making few new body panels
- Will make motor easy to replace with new motor during race
- We need people to race, pits, track marshals, etc.
- Geno and Chad will help organize the pits during race
- We need to figure out how to take train with us.
- NYC Maker Faire Sept 26,27
- Get your own hotel room.
- We have 12 tickets
- You will probably have to track marshall
- 3-D Printer
- Ready to go!
- Try to use it, but ask on instructions from email@example.com first
- Foundry project by Alex and Wesley
- No updates
- Steven Morrisson can help Alex, working on his own foundry
- Open Source Brewing
- Waiting until fall/cooler weather
- New Mill
- We bought it
- Need to get it from Alex
- 1.5 hrs from Pittsburgh
- Crafts area
- Rename crafts area to fabric arts area
- More aesthetically pleasing
- Make a sign for the area
- Keep it clean
- Try to make it look even nicer and cleaner
- Get better lights for that area, off switch for that light.
- Welding Wire?
- Get it from harbor freight
- No updates
- Sign Ideas
- Due Date: September 12
- Pittsburgh Maker Faire October 10 and 11.
- The call for makers is technically over... But you still have a little bit of time.
- We need to get rid of some stuff here at the shop.
- Still need to get rid of ATM.
- Vending Machine (Back on the chopping block). (Contacting Gabe tonight)
- Functional soda machine over broken vending machine. Yes!
- New induction procedure.
- Get rid of old interview process
- 1 month probation with option to extend
- Everyone discusses and votes on potential new member
- 2 Board members and 3 members vote on member
- Get RFID card but no key for a month, must be accompanied by full member
- Positive ID required (verify but not keep)
- References optional but not mandatory
- Board gives shop tour
- Post name and photo of potential new member during trial period at the shop. They can opt out of photo.
- Gene is stepping down from the board.
- Emergency election, This will happen right after this meeting.
- Printers need ink
- Resurrect the members forum, members only
- Document our projects better on the website, not just on wiki
- MTV True Life wants to film at HackPittsburgh about Biohacking
- All members voted not to allow MTV True Life film here
- We do not feel that this particular TV show will portray an accurate representation of the Maker/DIY Community
- Alex is the new board member
Move to Adjourn
- Johnathan motions
- Eli seconds
- Adjourned at:9:48pm
Meeting notes by: Geno