Member Meeting Minutes for Sept 17, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- 1 Minutes by Agenda Topic
- 1.1 New Members
- 1.2 Recent Events
- 1.3 Upcoming Events
- 1.4 Upcoming Classes
- 1.5 Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- 1.6 Learning Tracks
- 1.7 Shop Projects / Updates
- 1.8 Old Business
- 1.9 New Business
- 1.10 What can we do to make the shop better?
- 1.11 Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 1.12 Move to Adjourn
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Greg via Google Hangout
- Gary showed up at 8:40. We are still in the meeting.
- Called to order at:
- Alex, builds random things like tube amps, CNC, model aviation, and others
- Val, old member returning
- Matt, wants to learn software and hardware. Project interest updating old computers
- Friday, September 12th - Artemis Night!!!!
- Went well! Took the fight to the bad guys.
- Maker Fest @ TechShop
- Great member turn out. Showed off many projects.
- Well attended, good showing.
- September, 20th & 21st - Maker Faire New York!!!!!!!
- Friday, September 26th - Maker Faire New York Debrief
- Friday, October 3rd - Shop Clean
- Saturday, October 4th - HackPittsburgh Birthday Celebration (We're 5 years old!)
- October 10th - Analog Game Night
- Bring your own games or play someone else's.
- October 12th - Nerd Exchange Podcast Event, Chad takes point
- Membership feels it's ok to have vendor (ie Comic Book sales) on site
- Friday, October 17th - Intro to OOP with Greg
- Friday, October 24th - Hacking together a costume (or Halloween Hack and Slash)
- Build your own theremin class
- Planning in progress. Geno is almost ready to use a 9 volt battery. Almost ready for a parts list.
- Adam would like to give a talk/workshop on Wireless 101/Can-tennas
- Possibly the beginning of November (8, or 9)
- Soldering class... November 15th. Need to get the ball rolling
- Need to order kits
- Get the tickets up
- Team effort on holding the class
- Chad offered to purchase since he has Amazon Prime
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- Luc wanted to hold a talk on magnetics. He wanted to do October, but November would be better
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- Soldering class...
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Gene got a RaspberryPi B+ added. He needs to be shown how to program the Arduino via Pi.
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Power wheels NYC 9/20-9/21 2014!!!!!
- What needs done for NYC?
- (Important) Need to weld on curb bumpers
- (Important) Wiring harness batteries
- (In-progress) HoverBoard
- (Back lined) Co2
- (Back lined) Headlights, Brake-lights. Gene acquired LED sets for the lights.
- (Important) Mount camera to car
- No tool boxes yet
- Discovery Channel Canada wants to do a spot on our car
- They are actually the Discovery Channel vs the US station
- They want to do this while in New York
- What needs done for NYC?
- CNC Router
- Need to get some wiring done
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- See Chad or Gene for training!
- Ventilation issues!
- Right now only use wood.
- 3-D Printer
- Work in progress (Parts are in) Needs assembled.
- New RFID Reader arrived. Work has started on integrating the new reader. If you are interested in helping, contact Anthony
- Greg suggested we need to build a bunk couch
- Movie night for Members
- Decided to hold a movie night near the week of Thanksgiving
- James proposed War Games.
- Chad offered to use Amazon Prime to watch the movie, since he has Amazon Prime
- Chad proposed naming the laser printer. He suggested Trogdor, the burninator!
- In the opinion of the of the president, the motion is approved.
- The laser cutter shall be referred to as, Trogdor, the burninator!
- $15/hour for the the laser cutter until we determine the cost of operation.
- Bob wants to start a music and technology club
- There is interest in this group
- Gene moves to approve this group
- Greg seconds
- In the opinion of the President, the motion is approved.
- Need to get a regularly scheduled night
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Post Flyers!
- Reverse Graffiti (cleaning with a stencil)
- Never wet on the street
- Art student to paint garage door.
Whats going on in the world of hackers?
Move to Adjourn
- Doug motioned
- Gene seconded
- Meeting Adjourned at 8:50pm