Member Meeting Minutes for October 2, 2013
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at: 19:38
Jim - interested in electronics. Working on electric bike, dynamometer. Jonathan - making things and the maker community. Tom - interested in software development, programming. Interested in microcontrollers.
- Thursday Sept 19: Raspberry Pi PBX
- Went well. One person brought a Pi and Jeff helped out. Also the payphone works in both directions. You can place and receive calls.
- Saturday Sept 21: WORLD MAKER FAIRE!
- Came in third place overall!
- Videos are almost done up loading thanks to Geno!
- Saturday Sept 28: Class - Learn to Solder
- Class went well. Thanks to all those that helped! Check back for information on our next class in the Arduino track
- Friday Oct 4: Game night @ HackPittsburgh - bring games or just bring yourself and hang out for a night of fun
- Thursday Oct 10: Costuming - Shane to host. Mask painting with air compressor
- Friday Oct 11: Shop Show-and-Tell - All members, please show you recent projects!
- Saturday Oct 12: Shop clean - All to participate! That means you! Starts at 1pm. Pizza at 5pm! Wash floors, moves couches, etc
- Thursday Oct 17: Reverse engineer laser range finder - Eli to host
- Thursday Oct 24: batteries and conductive liquids - Luc to host
- Thursday Oct 31: Halloween - no event
- Saturday Nov 2: Ham test prep 10a-4p - Gene/Jeff
- November 3: Hamfest @ Washington County Faire Grounds
- Thursday Nov 7: Lock Pick Meeting - Dan
- Thursday Nov 14: Hard drive rescue talk - Chad to host
- Saturday Nov 16: Intro to Processing class - Gary/Doug to host - Tentatively
- Thursday Nov 21: Robot Operating System - Gabe
- Thursday Nov 28: Thanksgiving - no event
Potential Friday Night talks/events
- Flat panel speakers
- Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly)
- Reverse engineering
- Stepper motor hack challenge
- Residential solar
- Finite State Machines
- Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
- Food event
- Rube Goldberg Machine
- Batteries and conductive liquids.
- Object oriented software development
- Welding class for members
- We now have a working welder. Gabe will find a time to schedule. Possibly a Saturday evening. Can handle 7-8 students. A few bucks for class materials and pizza.
- Ham radio test (late March/April)
- Geno will find out when Pitt Radio is having test, we will schedule cram for right before
- Intro to processing (scheduled)
- Arduino Track:
- Learn to Solder
- Intro Programming/Dyiode Shield
- Sensors, sensors, sensors!
- Intro to Motor Control
- Advanced Motor Control
- Adam wants to teach a Wifi class
- A track of something like 4 classes to demystify Wifi
- Possibly a Wireshark class/talk
- Windmill class
- Power Bill
- Current Bill? 92 went down slightly.
- Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
- Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
- Need to add switch to toggle between board and lights
- 3D Printer
- Needs bed aligned then it's ready to go. Chad working with Eli for this process.
- Currently qualified MMax users:
- Workstation Added for 3-D Printer
- Soon we will be doing training on the 3-D Printer.
- Pay System
- We will be using a Gram Scale for now.
- Will work on pricing. (We need buy more filament)
- Server Rack / network
- Still need to figure out billing. Killawatt... Who is going to do this? (this needs to happen!)
- Adam added a thermostat… we should save money.
- Security cameras - Chad is in contact with Mike Wally in attempt to resolve the issues.
- Mugs - Gabe is the point of contact
- Gabe finished them!
- $15 each, $20 for mug personalized with text at bottom
- CNC Router
- Need to make an enclosure for the router
- Need a computer with a parallel port, Pentium 3 or earlier
- Setup e-stop for tools
- Gabe has parts, Chad will pick a day to set this up.
- Gabe and Chad to work on RFID control for tool area
- Misc Unused Tools In Shop
- Gabe selling mini-band saw and mini-lathe, Punch tool and other misc.
- Other Options
- Garage sale in (November)?
- Choose a date. Need to get advanced word out.
- Donate it to other places.
- Garage sale in (November)?
- Metal punch (Junior)
- OSCAR (garbage can)
- DVD duplicator (On Craigslist)
- Pile o computers (Donate/Scarp)
- Install outlets on main work table.
- Jeff needs BX clamps
- Geno is making signal generator for shop. Successfully generated a sinusoidal signal.
- New Hackerspace release forms!
- Everyone needs to sign this.
- Will implement some "random stuff" dispositioning systems (Eli)
- New Internet Coming soon!
- Need to reschedule - Digital Filtering Class - Geno to host
- Motion to purchase more filament by Jeff - no opposed, motion passed. We will purchase more material.
- This Saturday, hard to recycle things. Doug is going to take his van out. If you want to get rid of stuff, contact Doug ASAP.
Move to Adjourn:
Greg motions to adjourn, Jeff seconds as 20:33.