Member Meeting Minutes for Oct 15, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Christine - potential member, interested in doing leather work, and learning other tech. Favorite cartoon, Archer.
- Called to order at:
- Sean - interested in tesla turbines, biological stuff. Favorite cartoon... Johnny Bravo. Welcome!
- Thursday, October 2nd - Party at the Paramount!
- Was a success! Good showing our presence. Took the powerwheels over.
- Saturday, October 4th - Shop Clean
- Got some of the work done, but still need more help. Please help!
- October 10th - Analog Game Night
- Fun night. We laser cut a Catan board set.
- October 12th - Nerd Exchange Podcast Event
- The link of the podcast will be sent out once it's up!
- Friday, October 17th - Intro to OOP with Greg
- Saturday, October 18th - HackPittsburgh Birthday Celebration (We're 5 years old!)
- Officially 9pm-1am
- We need your help!
- Friday, October 24th - Hacking together a costume (or Halloween Hack and Slash)
- Build your own theremin class
- Geno has the cost work up
- Need to work out details
- Adam would like to give a talk/workshop on Wireless 101/Can-tennas
- Possibly the beginning of November 9
- Soldering class... November 15th. Need to get the ball rolling
- Kits are here
- The tickets are up
- Need to Advertise
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- Luc wanted to hold a talk on magnetism. He wanted to do October, but November would be better
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- Soldering class...
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Power wheels
- Done for the season.
- Need to modify the trophy.
- Need to store the vehicles until next season
- CNC Router
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- Working... Have a project, check the approval list and get some help!
- PSA: If you don't know what it is, DON'T CUT IT! It can be dangerous to YOU and the LASER!
- 3-D Printer
- Alex has it almost back together. Needs some screws and to be calibrated.
- New RFID Reader arrived
- Needs to be mounted, please help
- Movie night for Members
- Decided to hold a movie night near the week of Thanksgiving
- Jim proposed War Games.
- Chad offered to use Amazon Prime to watch the movie, since he has Amazon Prime
- Bob wants to start a music and technology club
- Bob has decided to hold this the second Thursday of every month
- Doors open at 7pm, runs 7:30 - 8:30pm
- The name is still a work in progress
- Model Train enthusiast club help their first meeting
- Seemed to be popular
- Second rule about train club, no nesting
- Regular meetings will be help the second Tuesday of every month, starting 7pm.
- Tim and the Grindhouse Wetware guys want to use this space as a co-working space
- They will become members, and use the space during the day.
- We would like them to give a talk
- Our bank account was hacked. We are currently disputing those charges.
- We have started the process for an investigation.
- The charges showed up under a Microsoft Azure merchant.
- Gabe mentioned getting a vertical mill from craigslist.
- Currently on hold due to the lack of space.
- The guys from pcDuino came by and showed off some of the capabilities
- Neat board. Very powerful.
- Boards run 50 bucks with wifi, 40 without.
What can we do to make the shop better?
Move to Adjourn
- Gene motioned to adjourn... seconded by Doug.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:21pm