Member Meeting Minutes for Oct 1, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Stephen at 8:17pm
- Called to order at:
- September, 20th & 21st - Maker Faire New York!!!!!!!
- We won!
- Friday, September 26th - Maker Faire New York Debrief
- Didn't happen because Eli wasn't here
- Thursday, October 2nd - Party at the Paramount!
- Saturday, October 4th - Shop Clean starting at 1pm
- October 10th - Analog Game Night
- Bring your own games or play someone else's.
- October 12th - Nerd Exchange Podcast Event, Chad takes point
- Membership feels it's ok to have vendor (ie Comic Book sales) on site
- They came out on Monday and checked out the space. Going to hold a Marvel vs DC debate and take question
- Friday, October 17th - Intro to OOP with Greg
- Saturday, October 18th - HackPittsburgh Birthday Celebration (We're 5 years old!)
- Officially 9pm-1am
- Friday, October 24th - Hacking together a costume (or Halloween Hack and Slash)
- Build your own theremin class
- Last week:
- Planning in progress. Geno is almost ready to use a 9 volt battery. Almost ready for a parts list.
- Last week:
- Adam would like to give a talk/workshop on Wireless 101/Can-tennas
- Possibly the beginning of November (8, or 9)
- Soldering class... November 15th. Need to get the ball rolling
- Need to order kits
- Get the tickets up
- Team effort on holding the class
- Chad offered to purchase since he has Amazon Prime
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems) - James
- Luc wanted to hold a talk on magnetics. He wanted to do October, but November would be better
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- Soldering class...
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Gene got a RaspberryPi B+ added. He needs to be shown how to program the Arduino via Pi.
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Power wheels
- We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass!
- CNC Router
- Need to get some wiring done
- Need to get an ethernet cable to download designs from the internet
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- See Chad or Gene or Bob for training!
- Ventilation issues Resolved!
- $15/hour for the the laser cutter until we determine the cost of operation.
- Someone crashed the head... We need to be careful. This can result in expensive repairs
- 3-D Printer
- Work in progress (Parts are in) Needs assembled.
- Alex has been working on this.
- New RFID Reader arrived
- Work has started on integrating the new reader. If you are interested in helping, contact Anthony
- Needs to be mounted, Chad will help
- Greg suggested we need to build a bunk couch
- Movie night for Members
- Decided to hold a movie night near the week of Thanksgiving
- James proposed War Games.
- Chad offered to use Amazon Prime to watch the movie, since he has Amazon Prime
- Bob wants to start a music and technology club
- Bob has decided to hold this the second Thursday of every month
- Doors open at 7pm, runs 7:30 - 8:30pm
- The name is still a work in progress
- There is still interest in the train club... Work in progress...
- Some wants to use time on our laser cutter for a kick starter project...
- Chad poses concerns
- Do we allow non-members to use tools?
- Does he need to become a member?
- Do we become tech shop?
- Points to consider
- Priority scheduling, large projects yield to short projects
- Address tool policies
- This was called to a vote by Doug, Gene seconds
- Motion approved, Chad will follow up the the person
- Chad poses concerns
- Doug want's to grant Matt Stultz an emeritus membership until such time that he can become a full time member
- All voted in favor. He will be granted membership with fees waved...
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Post Flyers!
- Reverse Graffiti (cleaning with a stencil)
- Never wet on the street
- Art student to paint garage door.
- More external Events!
- Post your projects on hackaday.io
Move to Adjourn
- Gene motioned to adjourn... seconded by Doug.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:54 pm