Member Meeting Minutes for November 6, 2013

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees:
    • Eli
    • Gene
    • Dan
    • Anthony
    • Chad
    • Greg
    • Jim
    • Gabe
    • Jonathan
    • Tom
    • Dave
  • Called to order at:

7:49pm

New Members

Recent Events

  • Thursday Oct 24: batteries and conductive liquids - Luc to host
  • Friday Nov 2: Powerwheels series summit
  • Saturday Nov 2: Ham test prep 10a-4p - Gene/Jeff
  • November 3: Hamfest @ Washington County Faire Grounds

Upcoming Events

  • Thursday Nov 14: Hard drive rescue talk - Chad to host
  • Saturday Nov 16: POSTPONED Intro to Processing class - Gary/Doug to host - Tentatively
  • Thursday Nov 21: Robot Operating System - Gabe
  • Thursday Nov 28: Thanksgiving - no event
  • Thursday Dec 5: Lockpick
  • Thursday Dec 12: Miracle Berries
  • Thursday Dec 14: Into to Arduino Programming
  • Thursday Dec 19: Shop show and tell
  • Thursday Dec 26: Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah!
  • Feb:


Potential Thursday Night talks/events

  • Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly)
  • Finite State Machines
  • Game nights (Artemis or otherwise?)
  • Food event
  • Rube Goldberg Machine
  • Build your own h-bridge
  • Object oriented software development
  • Sketchup
  • Reverse engineering
  • Stepper motor hack challenge
  • E-Bikes
  • Residential solar
  • Anyone?

Unscheduled Classes

  • Transistor Motor Controllers
  • Welding class for members
    • We now have a working welder. Gabe will find a time to schedule. Possibly a Saturday evening. Can handle 7-8 students. A few bucks for class materials and pizza.
  • Ham radio test (Feb)
    • Gene
  • Intro to processing (scheduled)
  • Windmill class

Learning Tracks

  • Arduino Track:
    • Learn to Solder (done)
    • Intro Programming (Dec 14th)
    • Diode Shield (Jan 18th)
    • Sensors, sensors, sensors!
    • Intro to Motor Control
    • Advanced Motor Control

Project/Shop Updates

  • Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
    • Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
    • Need to add switch to toggle between board and lights
  • 3D Printer
    • Bed has been aligned
    • Will order Filament soon
    • Currently qualified MMax users (moving to separate wiki page):
      • Eli
      • Chad
      • Jeremy
      • Anthony
    • Workstation Added for 3-D Printer
    • Soon we will be doing training on the 3-D Printer.
    • Pay System
      • We will be using a Gram Scale for now.
      • Will work on pricing. (We need buy more filament)
    • Should design fuser to joining filaments
  • Server Rack / Network
  • Security cameras - Chad is in contact with Mike Wally in attempt to resolve the issues.
  • Mugs - Gabe is the point of contact
    • $15 each, $20 for mug personalized with text at bottom
  • CNC Router
    • Need to make an enclosure for the router.
    • Need a computer with a parallel port, Pentium 3 or earlier.
  • Setup e-stop for tools
    • Gabe has parts, Chad will pick a day to set this up.
    • Gabe and Chad to work on RFID control for tool area.
  • Misc Unused Tools In Shop
    • Gabe selling mini-band saw, Punch tool and other misc.
    • Other Options
      • Garage sale in... (Wait till the weather breaks).
        • Choose a date. Need to get advanced word out.
      • Donate it to other places.
      • Craigslist
    • Items:
      • Metal punch (Junior)
      • DVD duplicator (On Craigslist)
  • Install outlets on main work table.
    • Jeff needs clamps
  • Geno is making signal generator for shop. Successfully generated a sinusoidal signal.
  • Will implement some "random stuff" dispositioning systems (Eli)

New Shop Projects

WiiMote Whiteboard (DONE!!!!) DrawBot Window web interface Ideas?

Old Business

  • New Hackerspace release forms!
    • Everyone needs to sign this.
    • At the beginning of next month, Whoever didn't sign this, your cards will be turned off.
  • New Internet Coming soon!
  • First Night Dahntahn
    • Cars in parade
    • HackPGH booth!
  • First "software roundtable" group meeting was 11/4/13
    • Greg proposed to meet bi-monthly first and third Mondays
      • Voted, passes
  • Chad will take over UAV
    • Will be second Monday every month

New Business

  • Project Parking Passes/Tickets
    • Passes will be issued by Council members, allows project to take floor space for limited time
    • Tickets will be issued to abandoned property, will be removed after period of time
  • Power wheels Redmoon race/summit meeting
    • Racing went well, won 2 of 4 races
    • Next year car will be Back to the Future Delorean
  • new air hose spool installed
    • Current hose leaks, needs to be unplugged when not using


Move to Adjourn:

8:54