Member Meeting Minutes for November 2, 2016

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Bob Berger
    • Geno
    • Chad
    • Alex Reasinger
    • John Lewis
    • Andrea
    • Josh Smith
    • Gene Kern
    • Jesse
    • Jacques
    • Andrew Campbell
    • James Hyde
    • Scott^2
    • Eli
    • John Wetzel
    • Jake (Hangouts)
    • Eris
    • Simon (Hangouts)
    • Jim Keener (Hangouts)
    • Jet (Hangouts)
    • Harshad (Hangouts)


Called to Order

  • Called to order at: 7:41pm

New/Potential Members

Upcoming Events

  • Please see Calendar

Previous Events/Classes

  • Open Shop posted on meetup.com
    • 5-6 people came, some interested in membership

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Basic Electronics part 1
    • Nov 5 10am-2pm
  • Intro to Python
    • Nov 12 1pm-3pm

Potential Talks/Classes/Events

  • Events
    • Flavor Tripping
      • Miracle berries
    • Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
  • Talks
    • Adam PittMesh
    • John Lewis- PittMesh DNS/Server talk
    • Grindhouse
  • Classes
    • Andrew- Intro to Lathe and Mill
      • Near end of November, or beginning of December
      • Turner's cube
      • 4 people at a time. 4 separate days
      • Cost to be determined
    • Intro to Databases, Intro to Git
    • Soap Making class?
    • Intro to Welding, similar to SynHak
      • Lets drive to Synhak to learn welding
        • Akron mini maker faire

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
    • Starting new season
    • Analyze the path for 2017
    • Nov 14 meeting
  • Power Wheels
    • We won, lego car is very fast and awesome
    • Lego car needs to be rebuilt, repainted, prevent rust
  • 3-D Printers
    • Boxzy works
    • Mandlemax needs Octoprint and we need training on it
    • Makegear being fixed by Chris Yohe
  • Lathe
    • DROs need to be installed
    • Andrew figured out how to install them
    • Need Gabe's help to weld aluminum
  • Fabrication Station
    • Temporary crowded because its being used for fabricating xmas tree ornaments
    • Lets set up Scott's sewing machine
    • We have a silkscreen press
  • Automatic dues payment system
    • Jim needs to make sure the API can be accessed directly
  • Vending Machine
    • Still needs a raspberry Pi Connected and payments to work.
  • Server
    • Cloud with LED's which lights up when people access server
    • John is fixing the twitter sign, replacing with Pi
  • Vaccum Forming Table
    • Jeremy Tiogar

Old Business

  • Need outlets near mill
    • We have all materials, lets just do it
  • Vinyl Cut Open Shop Hours on door.
    • Cathy will do this
  • City of Pittsburgh Ornaments
    • Josh Smith and Jessie are getting close on the PGH xmas tree ornaments, got all materials
  • Things that need done around the shop
    • Update Member Booklet
      • Members vote to make a PDF, email it to new members
      • Geno will do this
    • Maintain Computers
      • Update/Install Autodesk
    • Section Leaders Needed
      • Fabrication Station
  • Shop lights are dead, replace ballast with LED's.
    • Update: This issue needs to be solved ASAP, members are complaining, dangerous to use machine tools in dark!!!!
    • $200 budget approved by HackPGH board
      • This will be done this weekend
  • Ideas to keep shop clean,
    • More parties
    • More public events
  • Dale wants to talk about larger space with us. Made right here wants to partner with us.
  • Create another google hangouts email account and give John Lewis access

New Business

  • Laser cutter power strip died, Eli and Andrew were here to hit Estop
    • The power strip was replaced
    • Jet says that from his experience the cooler draws 5 times the power the laser cutter does
      • We need to buy new and better power strip for this
  • New Plotter
    • Need a Network card of USB to Parallel Adapter
    • Manufacturer is HP Design Jet 500
    • We need to make room for it
  • Simon working on arcade machine
    • Going to put Tardis around it
  • Nation of Makers
    • Maker Meal
    • Letters of Support
  • We need a cordless drill that works
    • Lets just buy it on black friday
  • John Wetzel is offering to help us put gravel in parking lot
  • John Wetzel has idea to sell class stuff on Etsy or WooCommerce

Project RollCall

  • Andrew made awesome artwork on lasercutter

New Member Induction

  • John Wetzel
    • All board members and all members present vote in favor of full membership
      • Key given

Move to Adjourn

  • Adjourned at: 9:20pm
Meeting notes by Geno