Member Meeting Minutes for November 19, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for November 19th, 2019
Call to order
Secretary Becky Zajdel called the meeting to order at 7:42PM.
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Robert Bedel
- Quara'e Canady
- Geno Soroka
- Andy Tracy
- Taylor Hutson
- JESSE IS HERE!
- Alex Reasinger
- Stephen Zalenko via Google Hangouts
- Chad Elish via Google Hangouts
- Sean Guzek via Google Hangouts
- Jacques Parker via Google Hangouts
Quote of the Day
- "Pro pain and pro pain accessories." -- Hank Hill or rural dominatrix?
- CNC trainings are going well, contact Alex if you'd like to train.
- Any ideas for WinterHack 2020?
- Quara'e and Becky will set a date for WinterHack, possibly Valentines-Day themed
- We have a date for the warm clothing drive! It is on the calendar: Sunday, December 8th.
- We need volunteers:
- donating gloves, hats, coats, socks, sweaters
- sorting and washing existing donations
- volunteers on the day proper
- We need volunteers:
- Jeremy is forming the foam and fiber club. That will be posted soon.
- Becky and Simon will be finishing the paperwork for the $5k grant from McAuley Ministries.
- We have been asked by Sam Black to create one or two "mini" libraries for the Hill District.
- Taylor would like to take the lead!
- The shop has been HORRIBLY MESSY. This is NOT acceptable.
- Please clean up after yourselves.
- The following things have been brought up for a vote:
- 1. If there are items left in the sink more than 24 hours, then they can and will be thrown out.
- 2. Hack events and special events property will be kept in a locker and will only be used at special events.
- 3. Infrastructure items (such as keurig filler and pyrexes) are exceptions to this rule and will be kept.
- 4. HackPGH communal items will now be up for grabs
- We will be ordering in the brown paper towels
- WQED will be filming on 11/23 from about 1PM onward.
- Impromptu shop clean on Friday, 11/22 from 6PM-9PM. The shop clean on Sunday, 11/24 will NOT be cancelled.
- We have made our first payment to Forest Scientific, and we have two more.
- We have enough for rent and essentials, and little else!
- Becky will be launching a "cup of coffee" fundraiser at Christmas. Asking that everyone give $5, no more, no less.
- BOTH doors and their RFID systems are working! Huzzah!
- Chad went to Akron's new makerspace open house.
- Alex's proposed clean-up rules.
Recognition for Awesomeness
- Marissa Botelho
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel