Member Meeting Minutes for November 15, 2016

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Josh Smith
    • Alex
    • Chad
    • Geno
    • Scott^2
    • Cathy
    • Bob
    • John Lewis
    • Gene (hangouts)
    • Keith
    • Mike

Called to Order

  • Called to order at: 7:32

New/Potential Members

  • Mike
    • works for Bechtel nuclear
    • likes to work with manufacturing equipment like cnc, lathe,etc

Upcoming Events

  • Please see Calendar

Previous Events/Classes

  • Basic Electronics part 1
    • Nov 5 10am-2pm
  • Intro to Python
    • Nov 12 1pm-3pm
  • Impromptu Parking Lot Clean
    • Great Success!

Learning Tracks / Classes

Potential Events/Talks/Classes

  • Events
    • Flavor Tripping
      • Miracle berries
    • Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
      • Liquid Nitrogen/Flavor Tripping Party Jan 14 2017 @7pm
  • Talks
    • Adam PittMesh
    • John Lewis- PittMesh DNS/Server talk
    • Grindhouse
  • Classes
    • Andrew- Intro to Lathe and Mill
      • Near end of November, or beginning of December
      • Turner's cube
      • 4 people at a time. 4 separate days
      • Cost to be determined
    • Intro to Databases, Intro to Git
    • Soap Making class?
    • Intro to Welding, similar to SynHak
      • Lets drive to Synhak to learn welding
        • Akron mini maker faire

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
    • Starting new season
    • Analyze the path for 2017
    • Nov 14 meeting
  • Power Wheels
    • We won, lego car is very fast and awesome
    • Lego car needs to be rebuilt, repainted, prevent rust
  • 3-D Printers
    • Boxzy works
      • Having some slight issues
    • Mandlemax needs Octoprint and we need training on it
    • Makegear being fixed by Chris Yohe
  • Lathe
    • DROs need to be installed
    • Andrew figured out how to install them
    • Need Gabe's help to weld aluminum
  • Fabrication Station
    • Lets set up Scott's sewing machine
    • We have a silkscreen press
  • Automatic dues payment system
    • Jim needs to make sure the API can be accessed directly
  • Vending Machine
    • Still needs a raspberry Pi Connected and payments to work.
  • Server
    • Cloud with LED's which lights up when people access server
    • John is fixing the twitter sign, replacing with Pi
  • Vaccum Forming Table
    • Jeremy Tiogar
  • Arcade
    • Tardis

Old Business

  • Need outlets near mill
    • We have all materials, lets just do it
  • Vinyl Cut Open Shop Hours on door.
    • Cathy will do this
  • City of Pittsburgh Ornaments
    • Done! Go See Em'
  • Things that need done around the shop
    • Update Member Booklet
      • Members vote to make a PDF, email it to new members
      • Geno will do this
    • Maintain Computers
      • Update/Install Autodesk
    • Section Leaders Needed
      • Fabrication Station
  • Shop lights are dead, replace ballast with LED's.
    • Done
  • Ideas to keep shop clean,
    • More parties
    • More public events
  • Dale wants to talk about larger space with us. Made right here wants to partner with us.
  • Create another google hangouts email account and give John Lewis access
    • Done
  • Laser cutter power strip died
    • Need to replace
  • We need a cordless drill that works
    • John Wetzel found one, Ordering
  • John Wetzel is offering to help us put gravel in parking lot
    • Waiting on 2 Quotes
  • John Wetzel has idea to sell class stuff on Etsy or WooCommerce

New Business

  • Nation of Makers
  • Software Club changed to Software and Robotics Club
    • All members vote in favor

Project RollCall

New Member Induction

  • Harshad Parab
    • All board members and members present vote yes on full membership

Move to Adjourn

  • Adjourned at: 8:04
Meeting notes by Geno