Member Meeting Minutes for May 7, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Thursday April 17: Oscilloscope (how to use)
- Went well. 5 non members showed up.
- Thursday April 24: Alcohol/Adult Artemis!
- Not sure if anyone showed up.
- Thursday May 1: LockPick Club
- Friday May 9: Analog Game Night
- Thursday May 15: ROS Talk
- Thursday May 22: Talk on Window Lights Project
- Greg, Anthony?
- Thursday May 29: Talk on Power Wheels
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- (Recurring) game night second Friday every month, switch between digital(video games) and analog(board games)
- No Thursday event preceding day (possibly do Galileo on this Thursday)
- (Recurring) Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly)
- Next scheduled in sometime in May
- (Recurring) Sketchup
- First meeting is occurring tomorrow... be there!
- Finite State Machines
- Contact Anthony/Greg
- Build your own h-bridge
- Object Oriented Software development
- Contact Greg/Joey
- Reverse engineering
- The ATM
- The G35 Light protocol
- OpenCV/Computer Vision
- Contact Anthony
- High security locks
- Welding class for members
- We need to talk to Gabe for scheduling.
- Waiting on Gabe. Can handle 7-8 students. A few bucks for class materials and pizza.
- Still pending..............
- Arduino Track:
- Learn to Solder (done)
- Intro Programming (done)
- Diode Shield (Done)
- Sensors, sensors, sensors!
- Postponed. TBD.
- Sonar, IR range Accelerometer
- Analog circuits (OpAmps)
- May TBD
- Try to get a date soon.
- Intro to Motor Control
- Advanced Motor Control
- Intro to GPS, NMEA, Parsing, Lat/Long, Display in Processing
- Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
- Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
- Need to add switch to toggle between board and lights
- The software group is working on this on the first and third Monday nights of every month... Come out
- Now uses a hardware timer
- High altitude balloon
- Will start combined meeting with UAV club
- First meeting we will include the balloon is the 7th.
- We are looking for experiments!! <Send Email to list>
- Power wheels
- 006 ——> Delorian!
- Will meet next on May 14th
- Found a controller for the Jeep (needs diode for controller protection)
- Possibly at the White House
- No word Yet.
- Software group will start working on Telemetry data...
- Contact Greg/Gary
- CNC Router
- Eli got a computer (needs tested).
- We need to finish assembling.
- Need to make an enclosure.
- Setup e-stop for tools
- Gabe started... has some things done. Still have to mount the inclosure and such.
- Gabe will get another reader. Needed to use the one to this for the door.
- Started working on it. Looking for a good enclosure for parts.
- We have the parts!
- Gabe and Chad to work on RFID control for tool area.
- 3D Printer
- Bed has been aligned
- Workstation Added for 3-D Printer
- Needs to be re-setup.
- Re-occurring SketchUp/3d printer class.
- TRAINING!!! Talk to Chad, Anthony or Eli!
- We have Black, Gold and White Filament.
- Pay System
- We will be using a Gram Scale for now. (Honor System)
- Pricing @ 5 cents a gram!.
- Server Rack / Network
- Now running Minecraft server, in test mode for now
- Need to work out how to remote into server for admin
- Mugs - Gabe is the point of contact
- $15 each, $20 for mug personalized with text at bottom
- In stock in the shop! BUY ONE
Shop Project Ideas
- Window web interface
- Refrigerator to TARDIS.
- Chad to buy paint.
- Mini-MakerFaire Planning
- Chad has taken over
- Meetings are getting started
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- Talking to other People/Hackerspaces to go in on a group buy. Turns out other spaces aren't interested in a group buy.
- Chad expects buy to be ~May
- Chad is now actively looking and has a few possible places where we can get one.
- Chad created opt-in contact list on Google docs
- contact info for members to contact each other
- Contact a board member for access!
- Scott^2 wants to get HackPittsburgh presence in "new economy working group"
- Scott^2 has not been in touch. He will have more next meeting.
- Meeting time to 7:30pm
- Greg was confused that there was anything different
- Geno appreciated the extra time before work and thinks it should continue
- Doug makes a motion to move the next meeting at 7:30pm and start promptly
- Gene seconds, the meeting next meeting will be held at 7:30pm
- A committee has been formed to review the bylaws
- Changes have been made and will be presented at the next meeting.
- Greg is the point of contact
- Thanks to all members that have been reviewing the constitution and providing input
- Carnegie Library would like to know if we could give a talk about HackPGH and give a demonstration
- We will need projects and people to present
- Decided to request the date of 8/23
- Steel City Hackers (Steel City Information Security) needs a space to congregate
- Chad will act as sponsor
- No one voiced an opposition. Chad will move forward.
- Create a form for people to signup for an email when interested in more information about joining
- Shop Cleanup May 31st
- Need to get ready for Garage Sale
- Garage Sale June 7th!
- Will sell
- Metal punch (Junior)
- DVD duplicator (On Craigslist)
- EVERYTHING WE DON"T NEED!
- Will sell
- Proposed constitution amendments. This will be sent out in email. This will be voted upon at the next scheduled meeting. Contact Greg if you have any interest.
- Doug asked if there was interesting in developing a ticks clock. He will develop a proposal and send it around.
Move to Adjourn
Steve motioned to adjourn. Gene seconded. Motion approved at 8:28pm.