Member Meeting Minutes for May 21, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for May 21, 2019
Call to order
Welcome New members
"If the Garage door is open, keep an eye on it."
- If the garage door is open please keep an eye on it.
- Welding classes
- People welded. They were weld-attended.
- Clothing swap
- Cloth was swapped
- Next time we could use more bags, backpacks, and toiletries, detergent, feminine products, and less furniture.
- Making laundry soap
- Need to advertise better
- Seed starting class -- cancelled
- More welding -- 101a, 101b, 102
- Kiefer is DTF. Down to forget about doing anything else and weld.
- Breathe Uptown meeting
- GASP! They loved the space.
Events for May and into June
- Tesla club
- Wednesday 5/22
- SHOP CLEAN SATURDAY BEFORE
- More welding
- 10th BIRTHDAY PARTY
- Bethany wants to do another clothing swap, who's up for that and when?
- Sink -- can we get rid of it
- Chad wants the Slop Sink. The Board says he can take it. He has been informed via Slack.
- Old tables -- Can we get rid of it
- Yes, Adam and Phil were going to go through that and sort them. They have not had time to get together and fix them.
- Scrap lumber sitting around -- can we get rid of it
- Dust collector updates -- let's just buy it already
- The board has bought stuff related to this.
- RFID tool lockout --
- It broke but you can just un plug it and plug it in again.
- Bathroom floor -- Marissa needs strong lads and lasses to help empty the bathroom, let's do that ASAP.
- We may be able to do this at the shop clean.
- HackPGH's 10th birthday party -- June 1st. Everyone bring cool stuff to show off. Everyone tell your friends, social media, etc.
- Phil fixed the fork lift. You can now lift forks more easily.
- If Kiefer is here, we need to verify which welding class he's doing next -- schedule for June 8
- We have a FAQ on the wiki now -- Thanks Steve Owens for helping
- Thanks Steve and Simon
- We have a member's guide as well -- awesomesauce.
- Back door maglock kinda sucks. Can we either a) ditch it or b) fix it proper? b) is hard.
- Phil thinks he knows where the strike plate is.
- Get a goat or get MACHETE.
- We need area leads!
- Time to volunteer. Keeps materials stocked, organized
- We should also order more shirts to thank area leads. Add designs to Red Bubble.
- Front door now works again! Thanks Steve Owens!
- Ask Dale about getting more gravel for the parking lot.
- Cameras -- They now work. I think. We need to add more as well and a monitor outside.
- Dust collector -- fabrication underway, we need to just man up and buy the machinery
- RFID stuff -- have parts, need to make prototype
- We're gonna be signing off on donations now, and please clean up projects. Get ur crap out of here.
- Can we extend the $30/month membership to people on disability?
- Can we formalize "spouse/financially dependent board members cannot sign each other's expenses"?
- Can we formalize "Votes must be run by people not involved in them"?