Member Meeting Minutes for May 15, 2013
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- ? Bathani ?
- Fri May 3: "Pirate box"
- Fri May 10: Conductive Ink Pens (Bare Conductive, Instructables provided pens (sort of), and pizza (for real) - (response from Instructables and counter response needed)
- Event was sucessful in terms turnout and guests had fun, pens though did not work though
- HackPGH will work with Instructable in the future
- Fri May 17: CoffeeCoffeeCoffee / Artemis all night long
- Fri May 24: Tentative: Shop Memorial Day BBQ - we need folks to step up and promise to be there (discuss below)
- Need sponsors!
- Fri May 31: Finish-It Friday
- Sat Jun 1: Pgh MMF early bird proposal deadline.
- Fri Jun 7: DETROIT MAKER FAIRE proposal deadline. Holy Shitake, are we going, or what? WE NEED PROJECTS!
- Fri Jun 7: Chip can party poppers
- Sat Jun 8: Intro to sensors
- Fri Jun 14: Instructable 3D printing night
- Fri Jun 21: Intro to arc welding
- Sat Jun 22 (tentative): Intro to motor control
- Fri Jun 38: Finish it Friday
- Jul 27-28: Detroit Maker Faire!!!
- WE NEED PROJECTS
- Sun Aug 18: PGH mini maker faire
- Potential Friday Night talks/events:
- Hard drive rescue
- Flat panel speakers
- Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly) (mid March)
- Reverse engineering
- Stepper motor hack challenge
- Public welding class
- Ham radio test (late March/April)
- CNC milling
- Q2 Learn to Solder (June)
- Intro to processing
- Arduino Track:
- Learn to Solder
- Intro Programming
- Sensors (May 31??)
- Intro to Motor Control (June?)
- Advanced Motor Control (July?)
- Power Bill
- Now $106! 60% increase in usage over
- Dan's sensor data?
- New RFID scanner under test/eval.
- Looks like only advantage is that it reads PAT Bus passes?
- MAC Machine must go!
- MAC Machine is new?
- Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
- Hardware has been installed in project box
- Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
- 3D Printer
- Is printing somewhat consistently, still not ready for public use, but see Eli or Chad if you want to request to have something printed
- Server Rack / network
- Still need to figure out billing. Dan's data vs. Killawatt
- Security cameras
- Recording not operational, device seems to kill drives?
- Frame construction is starting now
- Dayton Hamvention?
- Jeff not taking stuff.
- Mugs - Gabe needs interest level/count
- Will make a dozen mugs to start with
- Picnic planning - can we do it?
- Dale says about 35 people upstairs. Figuring half bring SOs, about 50ish max from upstairs, plus our members plus ???
- Doug can get supplies (burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, buns, katsup, relish)
- We need several folks to promise to be here to run the grills, etc.
- Gabe: Status of mega death grill machine?
- Request for outside visitor to UAV/Quadcopter meeting, time to open it up? Liability issues...
- Where to put pictures of shop events (Conductive Ink, plus others). Flickr for good picts, but ??? for raw data/shoe box picts
- Green garbage bin is now being used to store FILLED AND TIED bags, must be taken up to the curb every Monday
Move to Adjourn:
Scott Second by Chad