Member Meeting Minutes for March 7, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Copied from Feb 15th version, edit as agenda until meeting happens.
Minutes by Agenda Topic
Attendees: Called to order at 7:30
==== New Members ===-
- JP, Jeremy
- Fri Feb 17th - Solar panel networks - Sayan
- Sat Feb 25th: Processing class - val (sold out!)
- Fri Feb 24th - home made solar power - Mark
- Fri Mar 2nd - Truffles! Vegan and Bacon - Laura
- Fri Mar 9 - Secret compartment books
- Mon Mar 12 - Power Wheels kick-off meeting (Eli)
- Wed Mar 14 - Balloon Project kick-off meeting (Doug)
- Fri Mar 16 - Linux install fest.
- Fri Mar 23 - NO EVENT YET
- Tue Mar 27 - Mythbusters (per list emails, donate shirts, hoodies, etc?)
- Fri Mar 30 - Potential Luke Talk about early telephones
- Fri Apr 6 - Unblurred/GAGI Festival (HackPittsburgh @ Cotton Factory)
- ??? - LED window project (Scott)
- Sat Mar 24th: Physical Pixel - Doug
- Would be great if we could have some Arduino based Robot makers present to show off how far this can go.
- Sat Apr 14th: Soft Circuits class w/ex-member Elizabeth - confirmed date.
- Start thinking of May class possibilities: - decide March 7th (TODAY) (Tabled momentarily)
- PCB class (Matt B -- will get back to us next week)
- Welding class for members prior to general public welding class
- Solar powered mesh network (follow up to Sayan's talk)
- Basic Tool Safety (Jet)
- Future Class: Learn-to-Solder reprise
- March 7: Knot Tying Club
- April 14th: Robot fest: Baltimore's MiniMakerFaire - Laura is going, wants to know if anyone else is interested, if we want to do something as a shop, etc. - ask Laura to send to the list.
- April 14th: Notacon - Cleveland, Ohio, Art/Hacking/Tech conference.
- April 14th: Cyborg Cabaret
- Romibo - Aubrey from CMU wants to have use be alpha testers in March. We're not yet sure how public/private she wants the alpha testing to be.
- Pyrotopia - April 28th at the Kerry Furnace. Various levels of volunteers needed.
- Potential Rope making - waiting for details from jet (just need to give a few weeks/month notice)
- Open Source Fab night - April 10, possible talk, details to come.
- Invitation for makers for Bike workshop at Children's Museum
- Make Anything! casting call for makers
- SpaceUP PGH un-conference - looking for organizers, eventually volunteers
- jQuery is defunct. Node.js wants to use shop, need membership sponsor, last call. Need to send email to general membership for last call.
- Make Magazine subscription fund
- Electrician Update
- Raw Materials update
- Death Row disposition (Jet has truck)
- Funds raised so far from eBay sales: $140
- Outside groups using the shop
- Scott would like to move the Lock Pick Group 1st Thursday of the Month
- Suggestion: Have a new member's safety and shop orientation
Motion to adjourn: 8:25