Member Meeting Minutes for March 20, 2013

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees:
    • Doug
    • Scott'
    • Scott^2
    • Eli
    • Chad
    • Sarita
    • Forest
    • Shane
    • Gene
    • Anthony
    • Gabe
  • Called to order at:
    • 7:32


New Members

  • Chris (tonight)


Recent Events

  • Thu Mar 8: Lockpick Club / Steel City Hackers
  • Fri Mar 8: Artemis
  • Mon Mar 11: UAV Group
  • Tue Mar 12: Open Source Fab
  • Thu Mar 14: Knot Tying Club -- Retired :(
  • Fri Mar 15: Biohacking and Grinder Culture
  • Fri Mar 15: 11am - 2pm FIRST Robotics competition info table
  • Tue Mar 19: LoopPGH

Upcoming Events

  • Fri Mar 22: Finish It Friday
  • Sat Mar 23: Intro to Soldering
  • Fri Mar 29: Shop Show-and-Tell
  • Fri Apr 5: About 3d printers
  • Fri Apr 12: Intro to version control
  • Fri Apr 19: Rope-craft
  • Fri Apr 26: Finish It Friday
  • Sat Apr 27: "Physical Pixel"
  • Sat May 18: Intro to Processing
  • Sun Aug 18: PGH mini maker faire


Electronics workstation

  • Potential Friday Night talks/events:
    • Hard drive rescue
    • Costuming
    • Flat panel speakers
    • Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly) (mid March)
    • Reverse engineering
    • Stepper motor hack challenge

Unscheduled Classes

  • Public welding class
  • Ham radio test (late March/April)
  • CNC milling
  • Q2 Learn to Solder (June)
  • Intro to processing
  • Arduino Track:
    • Learn to Solder
    • Physical Pixel (Need to schedule tonight!)
    • Sensors
    • Intro to Motor Control
    • Advanced Motor Control


Chad wrote this: WIndows light program. Types of display IN or outdoor.

Project/Shop Updates

  • Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
    • Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
  • Electronics Workstation - next steps?
    • Need to organize electronics components
  • 3D Printer
    • IT'S PRINTING!
    • Not ready for public use yet, but if you have a shop relevant project, talk to Eli and he may be able to print it for you
  • Server Rack / network
    • coming along, is powered, will be available for member's use
    • Network switch has been moved to an accessible location, general members who want to use hardwired Ethernet should connect to switch, not router
  • Security cameras
    • DVR, Hard Drive (not working), and Power Supply obtained
  • Lock-box will no longer be a means of entry to the shop, RFID will be the only means of access
  • New alarms will be installed
  • Push notifications for shop updates (open/closed, temperature)


New Business

  • Powerwheels build will start soon

Move to Adjourn: Sarita, seconded by Chad