Member Meeting Minutes for Mar 4, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Alex 2
- Val (Meetup)
- Called to order at:
- Friday Feb 27th - Possible talk on GIS by Jim
- Follow up with Jim. If it happens need to post on Sunday the 22nd.
- March 7th - Processing Class
- Need to talk to Val... We did a bad job with advertising.
- February 21st - LUG
- Canceled due to weather.
- March 6th - Movie Night! Bring your movie, we'll vote and pick what to watch. Maybe even a double feature
- March 7th - Processing
- Reschedule to... ?
- Artemis March 13th
- March 14th - LUG
- March 28th - Arduino Day
- April 9th - Steel City Infosec Meetup - Penetration Testing Drop Boxes
- April 11th - LUG
Potential Evening talks/events
- Arduino Day
- It's on March 28th.
- Assemble Collaboration
- GPS class
- Get a GPS, learn about the output and how to use it
- Learn to display the location
- April timeframe, shooting for an afternoon course
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems)
- Looking at geographic and census data on a map
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- HackPGH Shop Hackathon!
- To be talked about in new business.
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Diyode.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- No progress
- Tool Power E-Stop
- No progress
- Power wheels
- In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
- CNC Router
- Decided to purchase Shepoko.
- Laser Cutter
- Purchasing new lens for finer etching. Waiting on response from China.
- Slight issue. If you turn it on, and it doesn't datum. Turn it off, and move the gantry. Turn it on again.
- Still waiting on China.
- 3-D Printer
- Workstation is up!
- If you want a private class see a board member.
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Part 2, we'd like to automate this process. We already have the bill reader and Pi. Needs to be programmed.
- Sign Ideas
- Still working on it...
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments. This may be tabled until the next board meeting.
- Eli mentioned that we might get a small 3D printer/laser cutter/CNC all in one. Its called a Boxzy.
- We might be able to get a chance to get a prototype. We would have to provide feedback.
- Eli to follow up.
- Hackers and Founders. They are starting a Pittsburgh Chapter.
- We confirmed a date for Friday May 29th.
- Chad was at an event at Wiggle Whiskey. He was talking to them about an event with a barrel ride. They wanted to build something to carry a keg.
- He wanted to use a PowerWheels to pull a train like thing and dress it up like a locomotive.
- There is interest in participating, but we need a date from Chad
- They are also "down" with us holding an event here as a fundraiser for us.
- Something about etching an artist's drawing on a mini barrel
- Saint Patricks Day Parade
- The steel city time machine is invited to the parade. We could join the car club to be in the parade.
- Eli will contact the the guy to see if we are still on for this.
- Doug and Val started talking about an Arduino for Artists Class
- Don't focus on breadboarding, but work on soldering to wires and other Arduino devices.
- They are working out the details.
- WPLUG wants a box.
- Go for it!
- HackPGH Shop Hack-A-Thon!
- Lets fix the shop up. Make it better!
- What issues do we have with the shop?
- Make something fun and random to be in the shop. (walls etc...)
- May 30th, 12p - 31st 12p.
Move to Adjourn
- Jonathan Motions
- Alex Seconds
- Adjourned 20:17