Member Meeting Minutes for June 6, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Attendees: Dan, Dovid, Gabe, drue, jet, Scott, Scott^2, Sarita, Doug
- Called to order at 19:30
- Dovid Taub - present, introduce with a crash!
- Daniel Orlowski - not present
- Quick intro of existing members and council members and their roles.
- Fri May 18th - Electrical inspection (Eli)
- Fri May 18th - Coffee and Artemis
- Sat May 19th - Shop Safety - jet is going to make this monthly.
- Fri May 25th - FiniSH IT Friday
- Wed May 30th - Detroit call for makers submitted.
- Fri Jun 1st - Bronze Casting
- Fri Jun 1 - Pittsburgh BSides Security Conference
- Fri Jun 8th - sous vide (Scott)
- Fri Jun 15th - Open Source Intelligence Gathering (Dan K)
- Fri Jun 22nd - Wind Turbines (Gabe)
- Fri Jun 29th - lockpicking talk (Scott)
- Potential Friday Night talks/events:
- Hard Drive Recovery
- Events vs Talks
- intro to EL-Wire?
- Russ Wasp rope making talk (and/or class)?
- Sat June 9th: PCB Class (Matt)
- Sat June 23rd: getting started with electroluminescent wire
- Sat July 14th: getting started with electroluminescent wire - ticketing for both
- Sat in July: Maybe a Processing class w/val
- Sat in August (maybe early early October): advanced electroluminescent wire
- Welding class for members prior to general public welding class
- Solar powered mesh network (follow up to Sayan's talk)
- Motor Controller class - Anthony
- Soft Circuits II - Liz/Doug Oct/Nov
- Mini Maker Faire Pittsburgh call for Makers should be live tomorrow!
- Jun 7 - Lock Pick
- Jun 12 - Open Source Hardware
- Jun 14 - Knock
- Jun 9 - Pittsburgh Tech Fest
- Only 7!! weeks until Detroit!
- Maker Faire Chicago - August 3-5 power wheels focus, individual projects only
- Maker Faire Pittsburgh September 22
- Power Wheels
- LEAD Balloon
- Website and Social Media - announce-list is live, drue to report on all her work.
- RFID door-lock project
- Button Machine - Motion passed to buy new button machine
- Council Member position now open
Motion to adjourn: 20:43