Member Meeting Minutes for June 5, 2017

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Chad
    • Bob Berger
    • Rob Martin
    • Adam Longwill
    • Becky
    • Eli
    • Geno
    • James Hyde
    • Dave Coakley
    • Jacques
    • Steve Owens
    • Adam Casto
    • Corey
    • Jesse
    • Cathy
    • Steve Morrison
    • Jason Khanlar
    • Dan Vito

Called to Order

  • Called to Order At: 7:31pm

New/Potential Members

  • Dan Vito
    • Owns Pottery shop Fireborn Studios and Gallery
    • Wants to use CNC and laser cutter
    • Want us to build kiln
  • Jason Khanlar

Previous Events/Classes

  • Open Streets
    • 5/28/2017 8am-1pm
    • Drawbot, Tardis, Gokart

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Motor Control
    • June 17 @ 10am
  • National Week of Making June 16-22
    • June - Not going to happen... Do we host an event?
      • Maybe 8 year party?
        • Becky interested in planning party
        • June 17 @ 7pm-12am

Potential Events/Talks/Classes

  • Shop makes a lot of revenue from classes.
    • Biohacking: The moral Imperative to Build a Better You
    • Fidget Spinner class for kids
      • Dave Coakley and Rob Martin
      • Late June
    • Edge lit acrylic
      • Rob Martin interested in teaching it
      • 21+ BYOB event
      • Friday night in July
    • Welding Class
      • Dave
    • John Lewis
      • SSH VNC class

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
    • Making progress
    • Setting up new onboard computer
    • Creating chassis
  • Power Wheels
    • Need to redo brake lines and motor sensor
  • Laser Cutter
  • 3-D Printers
    • Boxzy
    • Mendlemax
    • Makegear
      • Adam Casto fixing it
    • DaVinci
      • Chad putting on loan so that we can print ABS.
      • Eli will bring shelf for it
  • Metal Shop
    • Mill needs 5 conductor switch
  • Wood Shop
    • James and Dave working on dust collector
      • We need bigger dust collector
    • Please clean up woodshop area tools after use!
  • Electronics Workstation
    • Pieces of wall plaster are falling off, need to fix
  • Fabrication Station
    • Has dedicated power, thanks Jesse
      • Some concerns about overloading. Eli will take a look at it.
        • Figured that we will never plug in any heavy loads to it.
  • Automatic dues payment system
  • New Website
    • 99% done
    • Becky will help with wording for Visiting section of website
  • Vending Machine
    • Jacques and Dave will mount coin collector into vending machine
  • Server
  • Misc


  • Safety Report
    • Need to test alarms!
    • We are now requiring anyone who walks into HackPGH who is not a member, sign the release form!
    • Anonymous complaints form online for members to report issues.
  • Redbull Flugtag
    • Jesse needs help with project
    • Need people to work on it
      • Were doing the movie UP Theme
      • We actually have a plan!

Old Business

  • New Mailing List / Slack/Google Groups - Make it easy for everyone (inclusion)
    • 43 members have signed up
      • We discussed closing the old forum... still working on it.
      • Geno will send an email
  • Checklist for various tools to keep track of their condition
    • Clipboards are here. Anyone want to help?
    • New website will have inventory page
    • Dave will check status of tools periodically
    • Becky will donate old iPad for tool inventory
  • Update personal info.
    • We are now requiring a Name, Email and a optional phone number to bin.
    • Emergency Contact info
    • Bins without contact info will be removed today.
  • Becky is working on making us a 501c3
    • See New Business
  • Volunteer hours being logged
    • Log will eventually will be on website
    • Bonus on cleaning bathroom!
  • Meta Mesh is giving HackPGH super fast speed internet (500Mb of BW)
    • Adam says new super fast internet will be up tomorrow!

New Business

  • We went to see lawyer today regarding making HackPGH 501c3
    • Elliot and Davis lawyers helping us
    • No longer membership organization from legal standpoint
    • Need to change dues to "participation fees"
    • Becky rewrote our organization description, mission statement,bylaws, etc.
    • Maker residency program
    • 4 weeks after we sign, we become 501c3
    • HUGE Thanks to Becky!!!
  • Reddit Ask Me Anything, Becky will set up
    • Board members will host
  • More Inclusion
    • Every member should be able to give tours
    • We need to be very friendly and welcoming
  • Prototype wants to partner with HackPGH (Potentially Same building).
    • Grants
    • Colab between members.
    • Extra Help
  • Update on State of Making in PGH
    • TechShop May not be closing.
      • Will know by July 1st
    • We have a facebook (NextShop)
    • We have a website (www.pittsburghmakers.org).
      • 3 major conversations
      • Keep TechShop Open
      • Opening New Space
      • Helping current spaces expand
  • New Member Induction policy
    • We want to find a way to make it more friendly
    • Eli will help come up with official policy wording before we vote on it

Project RollCall

New Member Induction

  • Alan Bachmann
    • All board members and at least 3 members approve
      • Membership approved
  • Daniel Vito
    • All board members and at least 3 members approve
      • Membership approved

Move to Adjourn

  • Bob Berger motions
    • Eli Richter seconds
  • Adjourned at: 9:31pm
Meeting notes by Geno