Member Meeting Minutes for June 19, 2013
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Thu Jun 6: Lockpick Club Meeting / Steel City Hackers (plus Geek Night)
- Fri Jun 7: DETROIT MAKER FAIRE proposal deadline. Holy Shitake, are we going, or what? WE NEED PROJECTS!
- Fri Jun 7: Chip can party poppers
- Sat Jun 8: Class - Intro to sensors
- Went well, will probably split future classes into intro and advanced
- Mon Jun 10: UAV Night
- Tue Jun 11: Open Source Hardware Meeting
- Fri Jun 14: Instructable 3D printing night --POSTPONED till June 28--
- Fri Jun 21: Intro to arc welding
- Fri Jun 28: Instructable 3D printing night
- Sat Jun 29: Intro to motor control
- Thur Jul 11: Can haz Raspberry Pi, now what?
- Thur Jul 18: Soldering 101
- Fri Jul 26: NO PUBLIC EVENT - Maker Faire Detroit!
- Sat Aug 3: Advance motor control
- July Class?
- July Fri tentative: soldering 101
- Jul 27-28: Detroit Maker Faire!!!
- WE NEED PROJECTS
- Sun Aug 18: PGH mini maker faire
- Potential Friday Night talks/events:
- Hard drive rescue
- Flat panel speakers
- Shop Show-and-Tell (Quarterly) (mid March)
- Reverse engineering
- Stepper motor hack challenge
- Public welding class
- Ham radio test (late March/April)
- CNC milling
- Q2 Learn to Solder (June)
- Intro to processing
- Arduino Track:
- Learn to Solder (mid-late Aug)
- Intro Programming (Done)
- Intro to Motor Control (scheduled)
- Advanced Motor Control (early Aug?)
- Power Bill
- Now $106! 60% increase in usage over
- Dan's sensor data?
- Window Lights project - lights in the windows!
- Hardware has been installed in project box
- Gene is working on syncing the prototyping board with the outside display
- 3D Printer
- Is printing somewhat consistently, still not ready for public use, but see Eli or Chad if you want to request to have something printed
- Server Rack / network
- Still need to figure out billing. Dan's data vs. Killawatt
- Security cameras
- Recording not operational, device seems to kill drives?
- Frame construction is starting now
- Mugs - Gabe needs interest level/count
- Will make a two dozen mugs to start with
- $15 each, $20 for mug customized with text at bottom
- Green garbage bin is now being used to store FILLED AND TIED bags, must be taken up to the curb every Monday
- Elections, new council members are:
- Anthony Cascone
- Chad Elish
- Anthony to setup class feedback form
- Setup e-stop for tools
- Gabe and Chad to work on RFID control for tool area
- Fridge is broken, need to replace
- Anthony to donate mini-fridge