Member Meeting Minutes for July 18, 2017

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Chad
    • Dave Coakley
    • James Hyde
    • Geno
    • Josh Smith
    • Becky
    • Adam Longwill
    • Gabe
    • Justin
    • Jesse
    • Eli
    • Bob Berger
    • Jacques (hangouts)
    • Corey (hangouts)

Called to Order

  • Called to Order At: 7:33pm

New/Potential Members

  • Justin from PittMesh

Previous Events/Classes

  • Intro to Python
  • Welding Class

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Edge lit acrylic
    • Rob Martin interested in teaching it
    • 21+ event
    • Friday night July 21 @ 7pm
  • Soldering Class
    • Design our own PCB and have something which is not an Arduino
    • Geno, Bob, and Cathy will work on it
    • Sometime in August/Sept?

Potential Events/Talks/Classes

  • Fidget Spinner class for kids
    • Dave Coakley and Rob Martin
    • Boyscouts and Girlscouts
      • August
  • Intro to Biosignals
    • EEG and EKG
    • James Hyde
    • Basic heart rate monitor
    • Bring your own Arduino and laptop
    • $100-150
  • Intro to Czech and Mandarin
    • Becky

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
  • Power Wheels
    • Detroit Maker Faire, Weekend of July 28!
    • 1 spot left, $100 a person, see Eli
  • Laser Cutter
    • Cleaned
  • 3-D Printers
      • Shelf for Printers need to happen..............
    • Boxzy
    • Mendlemax
    • Makegear
      • Adam Casto fixing it
    • DaVinci
      • Chad putting on loan so that we can print ABS.


  • Metal Shop
  • Wood Shop
    • Got large Dust collector
    • Need new 220V line
  • Electronics Workstation
  • Fabrication Station
  • Automatic dues payment system
    • Wild Apricot
    • Chad to have meeting with Pete from Milwaukee makerspace
      • Ask Chad to join meeting
  • New Website up
  • Vending Machine
    • Coin Collector needs added
    • Jacques and Dave will help install bill and coin reader
  • Server
  • Maker Faire Pittsburgh
    • October 13,14,15
  • Misc
    • CW is working on getting us honeycomb for laser cutter
  • Safety Report
    • Need to test alarms Next Meeting!
    • We are now requiring anyone who walks into HackPGH who is not a member, sign the release form!
  • Redbull Flugtag
    • August 5
    • Jesse needs help with welding and woodworking
    • Need help ASAP!

Old Business

  • Becky is working on making us a 501c3
  • Meta Mesh is giving HackPGH super fast speed internet (1000Mb of BW)
    • The internet is working!
  • More Inclusion
    • Every member should be able to give tours
    • We need to be very friendly and welcoming
  • Ada compliance for bathroom
    • Ideas to make this happen?
  • register maker in residence
    • $250 for maker community to use (Open Source it).
  • Teaching classes
    • We want to implement the following... You have a choice Lets vote on it.
      • Volunteer hours
      • 1 month membership
      • A class at cost
      • Subject to approval of the board
        • Simon motions
        • Eli seconds
        • 12 people in favor
        • Nobody opposed
        • Motion passes
  • Classes
    • There is a new form and process.

New Business

  • Putting cameras in the shop and upgrade to outside cameras
    • Automatic logging
    • Keep it on the LAN, not on the internet
    • Better cameras outside with larger FOV
    • Month worth of data stored, motion activated, round robin storage
    • No audio will be recorded
    • No cameras in the bathroom
      • James Hyde motions that we vote on the camera system indoor (non private spaces) and outdoor, and camera usage policy from board
      • Josh Smith seconds
      • Becky thirds
        • 10 in favor
        • 2 vote no (Bob and Corey)
        • 2 abstained (Eli and Jacques)
  • HackPGH needs 5th board member (non officer) to become 501c3
    • This needs done ASAP
    • Online voting
    • 1 week to vote
    • Board will run it
    • Board will send email to mailing list
    • Eli will verify count
    • Nominate at vote@hackpittsburgh.org
    • 14 people in favor
  • TechShop Updates
    • Exploring possibility of becoming fiscal partner with TechShop
    • 2 abstained, 12 in favor.
  • CPR and First Aid class
    • James and Becky

Project RollCall

New Member Induction

  • Justin
    • All members and board members present approve

Move to Adjourn

  • Adjourned at 9:34pm
Meeting notes by Geno