Member Meeting Minutes for July 16, 2014

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees:
    • Gene
    • Scott
    • Doug
    • Eli
    • Geno
    • Gene
  • Called to order at:
    • 7:47pm

New Members

Recent Events

  • Thursday July 10th: High Security Locks
    • Eli went. There were about 2 or 3 people there.

Upcoming Events

  • Detroit Maker Faire. Crunch time!
  • Thursday July 31st - Maker Faire Detroit Highlight Reel
  • August 7th - Last Lock Pick Club meeting, unless we get another sponsor
  • August 15th - Analog Game Night!
  • August 21st or 22nd needs to be planned!
  • August 28th - Intro to OOP - by Greg

Upcoming Classes

  • Build your own theremin class
    • Geno has the floor.

Potential Thursday Night talks/events

Learning Tracks

  • Arduino Track... Next up:
    • Sensors, sensors, sensors!
  • GPS class
    • Progress. This will be the next class.

Shop Projects / Updates

  • Window Lights project
  • Power wheels
    • Car Body
      • Eli is heading this up (He has the floor)
      • Vacuum forming
    • Need to make a few tweaks to the chassis
      • Steering
      • Bumper
      • Replace front axels
    • Telemetry data
      • Software Club has the floor.
  • CNC Router
    • No progress

Old Business

  • Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
    • It's on a boat...
  • Carnegie Library would like to know if we could give a talk about HackPGH and give a demonstration
    • We will need projects and people to present
    • Decided to request the date of 8/23
      • Create a form for people to signup for an email when interested in more information about joining
      • Decided to talk about various aspects of Power Wheels Detroit!
  • Detroit Maker Faire
    • Decided not to host a booth at Detroit
  • Tool Power E-Stop
    • Relay box has been installed for power emergency stop buttons.
    • Work is still on ongoing.
  • Shop Work
    • Chad proposed removing couch.
    • Discussed painting walkways that need to be left clear. if something is left in the walkway, it will be thrown away.
    • Need to install new legs for the tables
    • Talked about getting 50 matching chairs for larger events
    • Stackable for consolidation.
    • Proposed removing the stove.


New Business

What can we do to make the shop better?

  • Less expensive lighting
  • Send email to group soliciting input on events
  • Send out a reminder about members meeting and point out that this is a good time to catch up with other projects

Whats going on in the world of hackers?

Move to Adjourn

Greg moves to adjourn. Gene seconds Meeting adjourned at 8:44pm