Member Meeting Minutes for July 16, 2014
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
- 1 Minutes by Agenda Topic
- 1.1 New Members
- 1.2 Recent Events
- 1.3 Upcoming Events
- 1.4 Upcoming Classes
- 1.5 Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- 1.6 Learning Tracks
- 1.7 Shop Projects / Updates
- 1.8 Old Business
- 1.9 New Business
- 1.10 What can we do to make the shop better?
- 1.11 Whats going on in the world of hackers?
- 1.12 Move to Adjourn
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Called to order at:
- Thursday July 10th: High Security Locks
- Eli went. There were about 2 or 3 people there.
- Detroit Maker Faire. Crunch time!
- Thursday July 31st - Maker Faire Detroit Highlight Reel
- August 7th - Last Lock Pick Club meeting, unless we get another sponsor
- August 15th - Analog Game Night!
- August 21st or 22nd needs to be planned!
- August 28th - Intro to OOP - by Greg
- Build your own theremin class
- Geno has the floor.
Potential Thursday Night talks/events
- Arduino Track... Next up:
- Sensors, sensors, sensors!
- GPS class
- Progress. This will be the next class.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Power wheels
- Car Body
- Eli is heading this up (He has the floor)
- Vacuum forming
- Need to make a few tweaks to the chassis
- Replace front axels
- Telemetry data
- Software Club has the floor.
- Car Body
- CNC Router
- No progress
- Laser Cutter (AKA Frickin Lasers!)
- It's on a boat...
- Carnegie Library would like to know if we could give a talk about HackPGH and give a demonstration
- We will need projects and people to present
- Decided to request the date of 8/23
- Create a form for people to signup for an email when interested in more information about joining
- Decided to talk about various aspects of Power Wheels Detroit!
- Detroit Maker Faire
- Decided not to host a booth at Detroit
- Tool Power E-Stop
- Relay box has been installed for power emergency stop buttons.
- Work is still on ongoing.
- Shop Work
- Chad proposed removing couch.
- Discussed painting walkways that need to be left clear. if something is left in the walkway, it will be thrown away.
- Need to install new legs for the tables
- Talked about getting 50 matching chairs for larger events
- Stackable for consolidation.
- Proposed removing the stove.
What can we do to make the shop better?
- Less expensive lighting
- Send email to group soliciting input on events
- Send out a reminder about members meeting and point out that this is a good time to catch up with other projects
Whats going on in the world of hackers?
Move to Adjourn
Greg moves to adjourn. Gene seconds Meeting adjourned at 8:44pm