Member Meeting Minutes for January 4, 2017

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes by Agenda Topic

  • Attendees
    • Chad
    • Eli
    • Geno
    • Scott2
    • Andrew
    • Andrea
    • Josh Smith
    • Joachim
    • John Lewis
    • Jacques
    • John Wetzel
    • Gabe
    • Merric
    • Bob Berger
    • Keith Elliot (hangouts)


Called to Order

  • Called to order at: 7:32pm

New/Potential Members

Previous Events/Classes

Learning Tracks / Classes

  • Jan 7: 10am-2pm, Learn to Solder
    • Sold out
  • Jan 28: Intro to machining class. 1 six hour class. 1-7pm. $60/ticket. Members only

Potential Events/Talks/Classes

  • Events
    • Flavor Tripping
      • Miracle berries
      • Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
      • Jan 14
  • Talks
    • Adam PittMesh
    • John Lewis- PittMesh DNS/Server talk
    • Grindhouse
    • Andrew - Gem making Talk
  • Classes
    • John Lewis
      • Intro to Databases, Intro to Git
      • Soap Making class?
      • Make your own network cable
    • Intro to Welding, similar to Akron Makerspace
      • Has anyone contacted Devin?


Shop Projects / Updates

  • Autonomous Power Wheels
    • No Updates
  • Power Wheels
    • No Updates
  • 3-D Printers
    • Boxzy
    • Mendlemax
    • Makegear
      • Its back! Still needs a little work setting it up
    • Gabe offered a few more 3d printers
  • Lathe
    • DROs need to be installed
    • Andrew will take care of it
  • Fabrication Station
    • Tapestry to cover garage door?
      • Cleaning/repainting?
      • Possible mural eventually?
      • Multiple people making something for each square of garage door?
  • Automatic dues payment system
    • Steve Owens Interested in taking project.
  • Vending Machine
    • Coin Hopper and Accepter here
      • Need to wire into arduino.
  • Server
    • Twitter Sign
      • John working on it
  • Vaccum Forming Table
    • Jeremy Tiogar
  • Arcade
    • Needs keys mapped properly
    • Needs rewired (Computer Power button)


Old Business

  • Vinyl Cut Open Shop Hours on door
    • We tried,the cut failed, need to try again
  • Things that need done around the shop
    • Update Member Booklet
    • Geno working on this
      • 25% done
    • Section Leaders Needed
      • Fabrication Station
      • CNC embroidery machine $300
        • Do more research on this
  • John Wetzel is offering to help us put gravel in parking lot
    • It's in and it's AMAZING!!!
                   ________
                .##@@&&&@@##.
             ,##@&::%&&%%::&@##.
            #@&:%%000000000%%:&@#
          #@&:%00'         '00%:&@#
         #@&:%0'             '0%:&@#
        #@&:%0                 0%:&@#
       #@&:%0                   0%:&@#
       #@&:%0                   0%:&@#
       "" ' "                   " ' ""
     _oOoOoOo_                   .-.-.
    (oOoOoOoOo)                 (  :  )
     )`"""""`(                .-.`. .'.-.
    /         \              (_  '.Y.'  _)
   |           |             (   .'|'.   )
   \           /              '-'  |  '-'
    `=========`
  • John Wetzel has idea to sell class stuff on Etsy or WooCommerce
  • Safety Report
    • Need to split the electrical loads in building
      • Done!
    • Need to test alarms, first members meeting of month
      • This needs done after meeting!
    • Flammable material cabinet
      • Lets get one from Construction Junction
    • Need to get bathroom swinging outward
    • Need a few New Fire Extinguishers
  • Eli wants to rearrange shop area for safety
    • Eli's Proposal:
    • Move kitchen, turn bar into welding table
    • Mill where microwave is now
    • Shop area will be dusty part of shop
    • Welding curtain
    • Power wheels cars where kegarator is now
    • Tardis next to dry erase board
    • Will allow possibility for much larger mill
    • Need to buy or build up welding table about $200 (Gabe)
      • Voting: All members vote in favor

New Business

  • Grindhouse wants to do film shooting at HackPGH
    • Early January, 5-6
    • futuregrind.org
    • Linkin Square Productions
      • No filming during other events
      • Chad to send more information via mailing list
        • 48 hours for deliberation
        • Board to make final decision, but take any dissent into consideration
        • All members present vote in favor
        • No updates, they never got back to us, dropping it
  • Dust filtration system for HackPGH
    • John Wetzel and Andrew Campbell
    • Put it into one of the glass block windows above garage door
      • Many recommendations from Dev from Akron Makerspace, on mailing list
      • Need to speak with Dale (our landlord)
  • New oscilloscope donated
  • Scale for 3d printers donated
  • Electrical updates
    • Laser cutter, 3d printers, 2d printer all have their own circuit now
    • Electronics station has its own circuit
    • New vending machine circuit, New fabrication station circuit
    • Special thanks to Eli and Gabe!
  • Awesome Pittsburgh grant
  • Scott2 wants to cook us experimental food, Sometime in February
  • Blowing up ATM machine at Gabe's on Saturday! 1:30pm ish
    • Depends on weather


Project RollCall

  • John Lewis working on rack servers
  • Scott2 is working with an asian restaurant on curry recipes
  • Joachim and Alex did bronze casting
  • Chad hacked a kegarator

New Member Induction

  • David Coakley
    • All board members present (3/4) and at least 4 members agree (others never met him)
      • Approved

Move to Adjourn

  • John Lewis motions
    • Cathy seconds
  • Adjourned at: 8:57pm
Meeting notes by Geno