Member Meeting Minutes for Jan 21, 2015
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- new guy... Interested in CNC
- Two other new people
- Called to order at:
- Mable, Interested in art.
- Dustin, interested in learning Python and software
- Wesley, metal working and steam punk.
- Theremin Class - 17th of January
- 7 people showed up, all non-members. No one had used a breadboard before. Got everyone up and running by the end of the class.
- Geno would think about hosting another class. He would like another can for the volume controls.
- Thursday Jan 22nd, 7-9p, Steel City Infosec Meetup - Audio Surveillance (Including Lab)
- Finish Friday on Jan 23rd
- Saturday Jan 24th 2-5pm, Artemis special event with another hackerspace, Bodgery.
- Wednesday Jan 28th - Tesla
- Friday Jan 30th - 3D printing class - Chad to host
- Friday Feb 27th - Possible talk on GIS by Jim
- March 14th - LUG
- April 11th - LUG
- Intro to Arduino Software - Physical Pixel - Feb 7th
- Noon to 4pm
- Processing Class - March 7th
Potential Evening talks/events
- GPS class
- Get a GPS, learn about the output and how to use it
- Learn to display the location
- April timeframe, shooting for an afternoon course
- GIS talk (Geographic Information Systems)
- Looking at geographic and census data on a map
- Another Build Your Own Antennas Class
- Adam wanted to teach this. Something other than wifi antennas
- Arduino Track
- Next up... Physical Pixel is next. Dyode after that.
Shop Projects / Updates
- Window Lights project
- Might be able to do a bigger installation on the side of the building. Need to talk with Dale.
- No updates
- Needs people to work on it
- We miss Greg. He is in Chicago. He should say hi to JP.
- Tool Power E-Stop
- No updates
- Power wheels
- In sleep mode, until two weeks prior to the next event.
- CNC Router
- No updates
- Laser Cutter
- Etching is good on the laser cutter but it could be better.
- A new lens could allow for higher resolution etching.
- We could have multiple lenses, one for etching, one for cutting.
- The cost is 50 bucks and the shipping is pricey.
- There are no objections.
- 3-D Printer
- Can haz calibration... It's good to go.
- New heater Bed purchased.
- Need more filament, or do we go to PLA? Maybe both.
- New RFID Door
- Mounted, needs to be setup
- Dues Cash Payment System
- Put completed envelopes with cash in the box next to the restroom.
- Part 2, we'd like to automate this process. We already have the bill reader and Pi. Needs to be programmed.
- Election Committee
- Nominations are due Today!
- Open Shop Night
- Chad suggested that we consider having an open shop night where we let non-members use some tools, not all. Chad's point is to get people that are interested to come in and learn about the shop. He doesn't want all the tools available to incentivize becoming a member. Discussed, but there was talk that some some members think it would be a good idea to allow the Laser cutter with assistance from a member. This was tabled, and will be discussed more later.
- Sign Ideas
- Chad has an idea, but the we were interested in having submissions from members and then vote on a design. This will be continued.
- LUG scheduled additional meetings
- Board is working on determining the feasibility of discounts for 6 months payments. This may be tabled until the next board.
- Scott delivered the Treasurers report. Chad interrupted.
- Wesley talked about bring his personal stick welder to the shop. Possibly a donation.
- Jim asked if the fee was high enough to cover the expenses. It has covered the cost of the replacement laser.
- Election Nominations
Move to Adjourn
- John motions to Adjourn