Member Meeting Minutes for Feb 6, 2018

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Called to Order

  • The meeting was called to order at: 7:39 PM

Attendees

  • Chad Elish, President
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Bethany Klick, Treasurer
  • Geno - Hangouts
  • Joe Newcomer - Hangouts
  • Many others that didn't get accounted for.


New Members

  • Randel F. - Electrician by trade. Likes to make a lot of things.
  • Morgan W - Filmmaker, making props.

Guest Introductions

Quote

“Even life itself is an exercise in exceptions.” - John Luc Picard

PSAs

Get your flu shot. Be excellent to each other.

Past Events

  • Tools, training, and lots of fun things!

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Future Events

  • Maker Event called "PGH WinterHack" is being organized by Mpac.
    • February 23rd
    • Please contact Mpac on Slack ASAP if you are interested in participating in the event, especially if you wish to exhibit a project or item. We ask that you try to contact Mpac as soon as possible. If he receives twenty proposals by the 15th he's liable to accept your project straightaway, so please contact him SOON!

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Old Business

  • Elections
    • Elections starts Tomorrow per our constitution.
      • HOW/CONSTITUTION CHANGES: We can also institute ranked voting, and/or have an alternate who would take the winner's place if there is an issue or if they step down.
  • New Membership Level
    • The Board would like to create a new membership level. It will be free for people who volunteer at least 4 hours a week. Currently protohaven does something similar but it is 8 a week. Volunteering could mean anything from tool training to cleaning to building things. This needs to be secret (to the board), and capped at a certain amount of people. We will start by having only two people on this membership level and they will be good for six months.
    • This membership level would need to be voted on by the membership.
    • The Labor4membership channel has been fairly quiet.
  • Impromptu Treasurer Report
    • ~30k in banks.
  • Classes
    • A bunch of new classes on the way. We want to discuss with the members Akron's policy of splitting the proceeds 50/50 with the teacher as a possible incentive to bring in new classes to HackPGH.
    • We have a good number of people who will teach if this happens. Everyone wins.
    • Info
      • 50/50 Class price amendment
      • Teachers can get 50% of the profit from a class. OR
      • Teachers can donate all profit back to HackPGH. OR
      • Teachers can earmark all profit they did not take to a pet project
      • We need to define pet project areas (soft arts, laser cutter, 3d printer, etc.)


  • PGH Inclusive Innovation
    • Bethany Suggested that we use 3d printers for the Inclusive Innovation event
    • They want to work with us for an event.
    • Do we want to help? They can potentially give us a small budget.
    • It will be in March.
  • HackPGH 10 Year Party!
    • Party Planner?
    • DJs, Food, Music
    • Budget $
  • CONSTITUTION
    • We have been listening to members on Slack and in person, and we want to create a more transparent constitution.
    • Bethany and Adam will meet on tuesday to write constitution v3 which will be 777 for board members and 775 for regular members


Shop Updates

  • Woodshop Build-Out Project Kickoff Meeting
  • Outreach
    • Tustin Tot Lot
      • Presenting to Uptown Task Force tomorrow

New Business

  • Chad's Second to the last meeting as president.


Voting Items

  • New Cameras and System
    • $900. Included camera and server.
    • We will sell old cameras
    • Election Nominations
      • Starts Tomorrow Wed Jan 16th
      • Ends Wed Feb 6th

Project Updates

Recognition for AWESOMENESS

Move to Adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at:

Minutes written by:

Adam "The Yellow Fart" Longwill