Member Meeting Minutes for December 5, 2012
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Minutes by Agenda Topic
- Matt B.
- Called to order at: 7:30
- Luke Kambic
- Steve Irish
- Stephen Morrisson
- Erin Close
- Thu, Jan 17th - Carnegie Museum of Art Culture Club making event. Jeremy attended last one, might have useful info to pass along.
- Fri Nov 9th - Intro to Tesla Coils
- Sat Nov 10th - Singing Tesla Coils
- Shop now has Tesla Coil courtesy of Scott^2
- Be careful if you are using, it's high voltage-duh
- Sat Nov 11th - Balloon Launch
- Reached a new best height for HackPittsburgh of 111,000+ft
- Mon Nov 12th - UAV Group
- Fri Nov 16th - Laptop Modding
- Shop 'top was modded to add glowing logo
- Sat Nov 17th - Intermediate Processing - val - tickets live
- Sun Nov 18th - Shop cleanup!
- Fri Nov 23rd - No event due to food comas.
- Fri Nov 30th - FiniSH IT Friday
- Thu Dec 6: Eat/Drink/Make - Children's Museum of Pittsburgh make night
- Thu Dec 6: Pittsburgh Geek Night at Church Brew Works
- Thu Dec 6: Pittsburgh Lockpick Club
- new website: http://unlockPGH.org/
- Fri Dec 7: Open Source and the Law
- Sat Dec 8: Learn to Solder - Matt B
- Matt needs helper(s)
- Sat Dec 8: Handmade Arcade
- Early admission tickets are recommended
- Mon Dec 10: UAV/Quadcopter group meeting (HackPittsburgh members only)
- Tue Dec 11: Open Source Fabrication
- Thu Dec 13: No Knot Tying Club meeting this month!
- Fri Dec 14: Holiday Ornaments with the Egg Bot (need leader!)
- Sat Dec 15: Intro to Motor Control - Anthony
- Sold out!
- Tue Dec 18: LoopPgh
- Thu Dec 20: PittMesh
- Fri Dec 21: No public event
- Fri Dec 28: No public event
- Potential Friday Night talks/events:
- Hard drive rescue
- Social entrepreneurship (Scott^2, ~January)
- Flat panel speakers
- Public welding class
- Ham radio test (spring)
- CNC milling
- Window Lights project - lights acquired, to be placed in window "soon"?
- Electronics Workstation - next steps?
- Need to organize electronics components
- RFID project - handing out cards/keys.
- 3D Printer
- Finishing build, should be done soon, end of month at latest
- Server Rack
- Vote for install of Server rack passes
- Vote for buying bandsaw passes
- ATM will stay for members to discuss potential projects
- Steel City Code Fest
- Need to gauge interest in putting together shop team
Motion to adjourn: