Member Meeting Minutes for December 4, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for December 4th, 2019
Call to order
Secretary Becky Zajdel called the meeting to order at 7:34PM.
- Simon Heath, President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Bethany Klick, Treasurer
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Geno Soroka
- Tom Fetherston
- Alex Reasinger
- Jeremy Sweeney
- Chris Knipple
- Rob Bedel
- Chad Elish
- Phil Gallow via Google Hangouts
Quote of the Day
- "There are few sources of energy so powerful as a procrastinating college student."
- Quara'e and Becky will set a date for WinterHack, possibly Valentines-Day themed
- The warm clothing drive is being rescheduled for after Christmas! We will keep you posted.
- We STILL need volunteers:
- donating gloves, hats, coats, socks, sweaters
- sorting and washing existing donations
- volunteers on the day proper
- We STILL need volunteers:
- Jeremy is forming the foam and fiber club. That will be posted soon.
- The check for the McAuley Ministries grant should be arriving in the mail soon.
- The vote for the new kitchen rules is up - please vote
- We have been asked by Sam Black to create one or two "mini" libraries for the Hill District.
- Taylor would like to take the lead!
- Since the dust collection is done, we need to complete a grant report.
- We can ask the Baumann Family for another $5k grant.
- Power Racing update!
- Eli would like to take over the club again.
- Prusa Printing would like to sponsor it. We'd like something that is fast, reliable, and has moxxy.
- Chad is working with Bill Peduto to do a roundtable discussion.
- PLEASE participate in the "Justa Cuppa" fundraiser! We are asking that everyone give JUST $5. You can either give through our donation page or Facebook.
- Kossel is still not working.
- Rules refresher!
- Please remember that Hack is not your home: do not sleep, do your home dishes/laundry, etc. at the shop.
- If something has a Borked or Broken" ticket on it, PLEASE DO NOT USE IT.
- Shop safety:
- If you are running heavy machinery, PLEASE wear safety glasses.
- Always have a machining partner when operating heavy machinery.
- NEVER drink before operating machinery in the shop. Alcohol is ONLY to be consumed in the clean part of the shop.
- Adam Updates:
- Adam is looking for a volunteer to do any type of 3D-printing. It doesn't matter what kind! A friend needs to record it.
- Adam wants to have an official phone number for Hack.
- Someone has had issues with printing, and we will look into a post-script kit for Linux.
- None today!
Recognition for Awesomeness
- Geno, for being Geno.
- Jeremy, for fixing the printer!
- Andrew, for doing tours.
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05PM
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel