Member Meeting Minutes for December 4, 2019

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

HackPGH member’s meeting agenda for December 4th, 2019

Call to order

Secretary Becky Zajdel called the meeting to order at 7:34PM.

Attendees

  • Simon Heath, President
  • Becky Zajdel, Secretary
  • Bethany Klick, Treasurer
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Geno Soroka
  • Tom Fetherston
  • Alex Reasinger
  • Jeremy Sweeney
  • Chris Knipple
  • Rob Bedel
  • Chad Elish
  • Phil Gallow via Google Hangouts

Quote of the Day

  • "There are few sources of energy so powerful as a procrastinating college student."

New Members/Visitors

  • Nolan

Old business

  • Quara'e and Becky will set a date for WinterHack, possibly Valentines-Day themed
  • The warm clothing drive is being rescheduled for after Christmas! We will keep you posted.
    • We STILL need volunteers:
      • donating gloves, hats, coats, socks, sweaters
      • sorting and washing existing donations
      • volunteers on the day proper
  • Jeremy is forming the foam and fiber club. That will be posted soon.
  • The check for the McAuley Ministries grant should be arriving in the mail soon.
  • The vote for the new kitchen rules is up - please vote
  • We have been asked by Sam Black to create one or two "mini" libraries for the Hill District.
    • Taylor would like to take the lead!

New business

  • Since the dust collection is done, we need to complete a grant report.
    • We can ask the Baumann Family for another $5k grant.
  • Power Racing update!
    • Eli would like to take over the club again.
    • Prusa Printing would like to sponsor it. We'd like something that is fast, reliable, and has moxxy.
  • Chad is working with Bill Peduto to do a roundtable discussion.

Treasurer's Report

  • PLEASE participate in the "Justa Cuppa" fundraiser! We are asking that everyone give JUST $5. You can either give through our donation page or Facebook.

Shop updates

  • Kossel is still not working.
  • Rules refresher!
    • Please remember that Hack is not your home: do not sleep, do your home dishes/laundry, etc. at the shop.
    • If something has a Borked or Broken" ticket on it, PLEASE DO NOT USE IT.
  • Shop safety:
    • If you are running heavy machinery, PLEASE wear safety glasses.
    • Always have a machining partner when operating heavy machinery.
    • NEVER drink before operating machinery in the shop. Alcohol is ONLY to be consumed in the clean part of the shop.
  • Adam Updates:
    • Adam is looking for a volunteer to do any type of 3D-printing. It doesn't matter what kind! A friend needs to record it.
    • Adam wants to have an official phone number for Hack.
  • Someone has had issues with printing, and we will look into a post-script kit for Linux.

Voting items

  • None today!

Recognition for Awesomeness

  • Geno, for being Geno.
  • Jeremy, for fixing the printer!
  • Andrew, for doing tours.

Events

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Move to adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05PM

Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel