Member Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2019

From HackPittsburgh Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

HackPGH member’s meeting minutes for December 17th, 2019

Call to order

Vice-President Sean Guzek called the meeting to order at 7:34PM.

Attendees

  • Sean Guzek, Vice-President
  • Becky Zajdel, Secretary
  • Adam Longwill, Board Member
  • Tom Fetherston
  • Nolan Cash
  • Quar'ae Canady
  • Steve Owens
  • Jacque Parker
  • Rob Bedel via Google Hangouts
  • Geno Soroka via Google Hangouts
  • Phil Gallow via Google Hangouts
  • Andrew Tracy via Google Hangouts
  • Kwame Wright via Google Hangouts

Quote of the Day

  • "Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" - Clark Griswold, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

New Members/Visitors

  • Damian Devlin. WELCOME!

Old business

  • WinterHack is scheduled! February 29th from 1-8PM
  • The warm clothing drive is officially rescheduled on Sunday, January 12th.
    • We STILL need volunteers:
      • donating gloves, hats, coats, socks, sweaters
      • sorting and washing existing donations
      • volunteers on the day proper
  • Jeremy is forming the foam and fiber club. That will be posted soon.
  • We JUST got the check for McAuley Ministries!
  • The vote for the kitchen rules passed!
  • We have been asked by Sam Black to create one or two "mini" libraries for the Hill District.
    • Taylor is taking the lead.
  • Power Racing update!
    • Eli would like to take over the club again.
    • Prusa Printing would like to sponsor it. We'd like something that is fast, reliable, and has moxxy.
  • Chad is working with Bill Peduto to do a roundtable discussion.

New business

  • Rob is creating a server that every member can log into. Until we have MakerNet up and running, this will help us with RFID log ins and training.
  • Since the dust collection is done, we need to complete a grant report.
    • We can ask the Baumann Family for another $5k grant.
  • We have an official HackPGH phone! The number is: 412-FIVE-FIVE-NINE-2159
    • Ideally, we will have two options: one option will reach a board member, and the second option will ring the shop.

Treasurer's Report

  • WE ARE BROKE.
    • We have only raised $180 during our fundraiser. Our goal is $500. Becky is getting an anonymous person to donate $100+ in order to match funds.
    • Grants. Grants take time and effort. They also have limited applicability.
    • Raising membership dues. We do NOT want to do this.
      • Becky is going to write a retention survey

Shop updates

  • The laser cutter
    • You MUST pay for your time on the laser.
    • You MUST log your time AND the state of the laser.
    • Becky bought an RFID access which Chad will be setting up.
  • Rules refresher!
    • Please remember that Hack is not your home: do not sleep, do your home dishes/laundry, etc. at the shop.
    • We printed out new Borked or Broken tickets, USE THEM. And do not touch things that HAVE a Borked or Broken ticket on it.
  • Someone has had issues with printing, and we will look into a post-script kit for Linux.
  • Message from Board Member Bethany!

Voting items

  • None today!

Recognition for Awesomeness

  • Eli Richter, because it's his birthday.

Events

https://hackpgh.org/calendar/

Move to adjourn

The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM

Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel