Member Meeting Minutes for December 17, 2019
From HackPittsburgh Wiki
HackPGH member’s meeting minutes for December 17th, 2019
Call to order
Vice-President Sean Guzek called the meeting to order at 7:34PM.
- Sean Guzek, Vice-President
- Becky Zajdel, Secretary
- Adam Longwill, Board Member
- Tom Fetherston
- Nolan Cash
- Quar'ae Canady
- Steve Owens
- Jacque Parker
- Rob Bedel via Google Hangouts
- Geno Soroka via Google Hangouts
- Phil Gallow via Google Hangouts
- Andrew Tracy via Google Hangouts
- Kwame Wright via Google Hangouts
Quote of the Day
- "Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here...with a big ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye, and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?" - Clark Griswold, "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"
- Damian Devlin. WELCOME!
- WinterHack is scheduled! February 29th from 1-8PM
- The warm clothing drive is officially rescheduled on Sunday, January 12th.
- We STILL need volunteers:
- donating gloves, hats, coats, socks, sweaters
- sorting and washing existing donations
- volunteers on the day proper
- We STILL need volunteers:
- Jeremy is forming the foam and fiber club. That will be posted soon.
- We JUST got the check for McAuley Ministries!
- The vote for the kitchen rules passed!
- We have been asked by Sam Black to create one or two "mini" libraries for the Hill District.
- Taylor is taking the lead.
- Power Racing update!
- Eli would like to take over the club again.
- Prusa Printing would like to sponsor it. We'd like something that is fast, reliable, and has moxxy.
- Chad is working with Bill Peduto to do a roundtable discussion.
- Rob is creating a server that every member can log into. Until we have MakerNet up and running, this will help us with RFID log ins and training.
- Since the dust collection is done, we need to complete a grant report.
- We can ask the Baumann Family for another $5k grant.
- We have an official HackPGH phone! The number is: 412-FIVE-FIVE-NINE-2159
- Ideally, we will have two options: one option will reach a board member, and the second option will ring the shop.
- WE ARE BROKE.
- We have only raised $180 during our fundraiser. Our goal is $500. Becky is getting an anonymous person to donate $100+ in order to match funds.
- Grants. Grants take time and effort. They also have limited applicability.
- Raising membership dues. We do NOT want to do this.
- Becky is going to write a retention survey
- The laser cutter
- You MUST pay for your time on the laser.
- You MUST log your time AND the state of the laser.
- Becky bought an RFID access which Chad will be setting up.
- Rules refresher!
- Please remember that Hack is not your home: do not sleep, do your home dishes/laundry, etc. at the shop.
- We printed out new Borked or Broken tickets, USE THEM. And do not touch things that HAVE a Borked or Broken ticket on it.
- Someone has had issues with printing, and we will look into a post-script kit for Linux.
- Message from Board Member Bethany!
- None today!
Recognition for Awesomeness
- Eli Richter, because it's his birthday.
Move to adjourn
The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 PM
Meeting notes taken by Becky "The Icebox" Zajdel